Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm so grr about one of my exam dates.

12th May - AM - German 2 hours
12th May - PM - Philosophy3 hours

I don't know how I'm gonna get through without crying.
kholland
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
I'm so grr about one of my exam dates.

12th May - AM - German 2 hours
12th May - PM - Philosophy3 hours

I don't know how I'm gonna get through without crying.
Oh no... I have three exams on one day but that isn't nearly as awful as your situation - they're each only 1 hour 15 minutes long.

Push on! :console:
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by happymedic17)
Oohhh okay goodluck for ur exams you should ace them!x
And what are you thinking of applying to uni for?
I already have an offer for mathematics at Cambridge. x
helpMehRevise
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
heyy guys
hope your all well x

Since as there's no thread for AS exams 2016 thought id make a start and im new on here soo be nice lol

Im just feeling super anxious about AS exams next month,
I'm currently studying Biology,Chemistry and Maths for AS and my exams start 18th may but thtas maths and im confident for maths as im getting A's and im doing a lot of past papers but im worried for c2 and S1 in maths i guess id be okay for c2 with abit more prep but s1 thts in june so luckily I have more time !!26th May and 27th may is my bio and chem exam, both unit 1.

Im planning on covering all the content for unit 1 bio and chem by end of this week and then doing past papers; I have 6 weeks to do tht id say and then byt he end of next week cover all the content of unit 2 bio and chem. And want to start doing past papers for unit 2 bio and chem from 16th april up until exams.
that leaves me with 7 weeks of revision for unit 2
I know bits and bobs of the content but I have made a start on revision yesterday and did some today it has been quite effective.

What do you guys think of my plan to prepare for my AS exams ?
Do you think it's possible or will I even be able to achieve AAA in these subjects ?
ohh and I study 8-10 hours a day with breaks!

let me know how you guys did in your AS exams and how much preparation you did?

Thanks for reading and goodluck with your revision!!
This is weird but i feel the same way i am doing Maths Physics Chemistry and Biology ( i know not the smartest choices) and they all seem to be going alright specially Maths as i find it the easiest and although i need to finish C2 course as i have one more chapter left ( trigonometric Identities) i feel confident on C1 and S1 as i have been doing past papers and also if you need focused quesions on C1 Type this in Google " T madas Maths " and you will find some great practise papers for C1 and C2.

Anyway as for The sciences - Biology is my least favourite and i haven't yet started revision for it yet but i have started preparation for chemistry and physics so far they're proving to be the easiest specially since there isnt much to learn like biology.For example chemistry you have 3 chapter Organic Inorganic and Physical however i dont know what board you do but for AQA they changed the whole course - Practicals are now worth 15% of the course.(which i hate tbh)

what i predict i will get for AS

Maths: A
Chemistry: A
Physics:A/B
Biology:C
helpMehRevise
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zacken)
Can you do my exams for me? i will pay you....( just sayin xD
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by helpMehRevise)
Can you do my exams for me? i will pay you....( just sayin xD
:rofl:
Basdemraj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys I'm doing bio, physics,chem and maths so again not the easiest options but with consistent work I seem to be doing ok. I have 3 summer exams for maths which are C1,C2 and S1. Only worried for S1 due to the boredom I'm feeling covering the content and doing papers is not exactly fun.
My predictions for AS
Bio-A
Physics-A/B
Maths-A
Chemistry-A
Basdemraj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Zacken. I wanted to ask you how it might be possible to get 300/300 ums in as maths as I think I can, but would like some tips from someone who has done a lot more maths modules and has experience in doing them. Thanks in advance!
champ_mc99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Basdemraj)
Hi Zacken. I wanted to ask you how it might be possible to get 300/300 ums in as maths as I think I can, but would like some tips from someone who has done a lot more maths modules and has experience in doing them. Thanks in advance!
I'm doing AS maths too and find it quite easy. But apparently unis don't really give a **** because of how easy AS is.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kholland)
Oh no... I have three exams on one day but that isn't nearly as awful as your situation - they're each only 1 hour 15 minutes long.

Push on! :console:
so few exams are 3 hrs
why
why did they put all of philosophy into 1 exam
seriously
helpMehRevise
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mock Exams next week - part of me is not yet ready
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be completely honest theres a fair amount of luck involved. You obviously need to understand every single bit of content, and you can develop pretty efficient checking methods but to get 100 you normally need 75/75, so its just about being able ti flawlessly execute without doing 1+1 =3 at some point
samb1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
goodluck to you too btw are you doing AS or A2 and are you doing same subjects as me?x
A2 doing maths further maths physics chemistry
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Samb has already said most of it and I concur that it's mainly just luck. I wouldn't obsess over full UMS, it doesn't really mean much in the long run apart from personal satisfaction. But... you need to make sure you understand every single bit of what you are learning in the modules; as soon as something isn't clicking, you need to either ask a teacher or make a thread on TSR, never should you go "meh, I don't understand why the gradients are perpendicular in this question, probably won't come up in the exam, forget it." for example.

Practising past papers is essential to hone your exam technique and I suggest you time yourself and try and work on minimising your time. I could do some of the AS papers in twenty minutes or so, which gives you plenty of time to check (NB: I finished early in all my exams, but was far too lazy to re-check things) things out and correct silly errors. If you have left-over time, try re-doing questions you aren't overly confident about with (if possible) a different method.
OddFuturez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm started revising yesterday; better late than never I guess.
Basdemraj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you Samb and Zacken for the replies guys! I really appreciate it! 😄
samb1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No worries best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
happymedic17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Zacken)
Wow! that's awesome! Congratulations!xx
Zacken
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No problem, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?