Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Did you include a conclusion in your essay?

The word count is so small that I would have to cut a point to fit one in that would actually have meaning and not just summarise the points I've already made...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NatalieUK)
    Hey guys,

Did you include a conclusion in your essay?

The word count is so small that I would have to cut a point to fit one in that would actually have meaning and not just summarise the points I've already made...
    I'm afraid I am pretty sure you will have to do a conclusion. I remember the word count being such a pain

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I'm afraid I am pretty sure you will have to do a conclusion. I remember the word count being such a pain

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so much for your help! I'm already 200 words over the limit, looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me :lol:

I can't stand AQA coursework, I got an A in my as exam and a C in the coursework and I think the same thing will happen this year, I just can't get my head around how to write it
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by NatalieUK)
    Thanks so much for your help! I'm already 200 words over the limit, looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me :lol:

I can't stand AQA coursework, I got an A in my as exam and a C in the coursework and I think the same thing will happen this year, I just can't get my head around how to write it
    No problem! haha I think I went over by like 500 words so had to chop stuff I wanted to include

Coursework can be a pain! What are you doing it on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    No problem! haha I think I went over by like 500 words so had to chop stuff I wanted to include

Coursework can be a pain! What are you doing it on?
    I think I will be in your position too! My question is
    'How does Blake use symbolism to put forward his ideas in The Tyger and The Lamb?'It's not going too badly to be that honest I love the poems because I take RS too, it's definitely the better out of my two pieces (don't even mention the comparison piece to me:ashamed:) I just struggle with wording so much! My teacher said the ideas I have are band 6, but my wording and organisation of them is band 4, so I'm always stuck on a C!

ReputationRep:
    Rather than cutting stuff out, what I do is I write everything I want and then go through at the end and try to compress everything as much as possible. That way you get to keep all your ideas and your AO1 is good as well as it looks like you can write really succintly. Go through each point and work out where you're repeating yourself and try to merge sentences together. Then go through again and compress each sentence, even by just a few words. Even if you cut down every other sentence by one word then that's still a good start in the right direction. Keep doing that and go over it with your parents or a friend and eventually you'll get down to the word limit. That's what I do and I've got an A on all 3 courseworks I've done so far

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.