Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    *///*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasKupf)
    Hi guys,

I am a first year law student and I will have a first year insight scheme in two weeks. However, my first exam will be on the 1st of March and I have not nearly studied as much as I should have.
    I thus want to cancel the scheme and focus on studying instead. The scheme only runs for two days.

Do you think I will be able to cancel? Would they ever reconsider any application for a proper vac schemes next year? What are your thoughts on this? Thanks a lot!

- Tom
    You can cancel if you want to. There's nothing stopping you from doing so.

I doubt you would get automatically put forward for a vac scheme next year. You would have to reapply at that point. You would just be treated like any other applicant. In contrast if you went on the first year programme and you impressed them they'd probably be looking out for your application and be slightly favourable to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My question is whether they would consider any application since I cancelled attendance to their spring insight event

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasKupf)
    My question is whether they would consider any application since I cancelled attendance to their spring insight event
    Sometimes people have to cancel. I doubt they will look against it unfavourably as long as you give them as much notice as possible and are polite.

If you just no-showed then it would be a bit different.

I'm surprised they don't get it more often considering the time of the programme. Doing it just before exams is pretty crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.