Turn on thread page Beta

Are elephants misrepresented by the media watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For many years, Elephants have been treated badly by the media. This impression seems to have first arisen with Disney's film "Dumbo" and ever since elephants have felt as if they are seen as stupid animals who have no capability of rational reasoning. It is now the time for them to regain their role in society, not just in the circus but as real people.

Discuss

MB

ReputationRep:
    Yay, another thread on elephants i had a fascinating thread on comparing flying elephants to normal hippos deleted a few weeks ago....its just part of the conspiracy to keep elephants down....vive le revoluton

ReputationRep:
    are you the elephants' welfare representative then? how did you land this position?

and i don't perceive elephants as stupid- they are very cute, but can also be very violent if they need to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    are you the elephants' welfare representative then? how did you land this position?

and i don't perceive elephants as stupid- they are very cute, but can also be very violent if they need to
    They elected me as their representative on UKL. As for cuteness, I assume that they would take your comment as being rather patronising.

MB

ReputationRep:
    why not watch davdi attenbrough documentaries/ animal planet chanel on sky?
    They show them as being quite cleaver animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InterCity125)
    why not watch davdi attenbrough documentaries/ animal planet chanel on sky?
    They show them as being quite cleaver animals.
    id call my elephant stompy if i had one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What a very strange and ramdom thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    id call my elephant stompy if i had one :rolleyes:
    thats a terrible name for an elephant, my elephants would be called Maurce and Alexander...you've got to have two so they dont get bored.

And i still never found out why my flyng elephants and normal hippos thread got deleted

ReputationRep:
    how peculiar... but elephants are meant to have really good memories

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Elephants are good at football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

lou xxx
    thats a common misconception perpetrated bt the right wing media, elephants have excellent sensory percepton, an slghtly better than average psychic abilit, there memory is by no means spectacular compared to other simlar sized mammals

(Original post by lou p lou)
    Elephants never forget, somebody remembered their rolo advert.

(Original post by Checkey)
    Elephants are good at football.
    I wouldn't like to tackle one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I wouldn't like to tackle one...
    To hell with that, imagine one in goal! That trunk gives it great reach, and the throws... David James has nothing on them. Also the fact that they block out half the goal by standing up helps.

Elephants are cool. They need to be shown in popular media (eg. not discovery) as the inteligant, fascinating and social creatures that they are.

ReputationRep:
    I love elephants!!!!

I have an imaginary elephant called Bamboo. (I have a lot of imaginary pets - quite sad really )

(Original post by Silly Sally)
    (I have a lot of imaginary pets - quite sad really )
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Indeed.
    LOL!!!

Like you, my mum thinks i am mad!!!! She became quite scared when i strted telling her aboot all my imaginary pets.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely! It's an insult to our elephantine friends and we cannot tolerate this anymore. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I've ridden on one. They are very hairy and smelly. Although not so much as some people I know.
    Ah tut tut, more people are brainwashed by the media than I thought Where are the rest of your gang you enemy you

ReputationRep:
    Well, lets just say that i don't go along with the saying "An elephant never forgets" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I've ridden on one. They are very hairy and smelly.
    I wonder whatit thought of you?

MB

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.