The Student Room Group

Do people Stay on campus after exams?

So do people tend to stay on campus for a few weeks after exams and head home when the "official" end of term date is, or do most people tend to just leave after their last exam? I ask because my exam period is any time between May 20th-June 10th (receive timetable on 22nd April) and would be cool to know as i am only a first year currently.
In my experience most people didn't stay more than a week past heir final exam. Been at uni for 3 years now and I'm always the last to stay.
Original post by SophieSmall
In my experience most people didn't stay more than a week past heir final exam. Been at uni for 3 years now and I'm always the last to stay.

thanks :smile: what sort of stuff do you get up to?? do people just go for drinks or play football?
Original post by neal95
thanks :smile: what sort of stuff do you get up to?? do people just go for drinks or play football?

Eh usually pub or something similar. In my first year the last of us to stay watched a bunch of movies and went though a few crates the last week they stayed.

When It's just me around it gets pretty lonely and I don't get up to much.
Reply 4
Most people I found stayed another week or two (as some events were at start of June etc).
I stayed as long as possible till the end of June, to do horse riding and some other stuff.
It really depends, but may be an idea to ask friends.
I'm planning to stay till end of contract of halls... stay away from home... more partying.... **** life... have fun!!
Original post by neal95
So do people tend to stay on campus for a few weeks after exams and head home when the "official" end of term date is, or do most people tend to just leave after their last exam? I ask because my exam period is any time between May 20th-June 10th (receive timetable on 22nd April) and would be cool to know as i am only a first year currently.

It really depends- I knew people at uni who did both, the guys I was friends with though only stayed on a few more days. Only people who can give you the definitive answer though are your uni mates.
When I was in halls all of my group of friends stayed until we were kicked out but I know some flats that were empty immediately after exam week. It will probably depend on the people that you hang out with and what they're doing. There's no point staying until the end on your own, but if everyone else is staying then you won't want to 'miss out'.
I knew people who went straight to the station from their last exam and I knew people who basically stayed the whole summer on and off. I think it depends on your friendship group and where their priorities (and finances!) are. Ask around and see what people are planning
I'm staying at Uni all summer

Quick Reply

Latest