Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

this guy i like at uni (i'm sure he knows) we sometimes smile at each other and he always tries to get my attention when he is around but that is as far as he goes. WHY WON'T HE SPEAK TO ME? i'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    Because he's probably terrified to iniate a conversation with you. If you like him that much then maybe you should try talking to him first?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    this guy i like at uni (i'm sure he knows) we sometimes smile at each other and he always tries to get my attention when he is around but that is as far as he goes. WHY WON'T HE SPEAK TO ME? i'm so confused
    Make sure you smell nicely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably just shy

ReputationRep:
    Do you like him? Or do you think he likes you?
    Does he talk to other people when you're near him? or does he glue his mouth near you?
    I think he really likes you and is just shy to talk to you maybe because he thinks you might dislike him?
    When it's just you and him (lets say in corridor) talk to him, I'm 99% sure he will talk to you! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Go talk to him!! Hes probably more into you!

(Original post by YungRilt)
    Do you like him? Or do you think he likes you?
    Does he talk to other people when you're near him? or does he glue his mouth near you?
    I think he really likes you and is just shy to talk to you maybe because he thinks you might dislike him?
    When it's just you and him (lets say in corridor) talk to him, I'm 99% sure he will talk to you! Good luck!
    i like him but i'm unsure if he likes me, i catch him staring at me sometimes and he is quite loud, he actually speaks to a lot of people so this is why i'm confused. he's quite intimidating to approach, i'm too shy to speak to him lol

ReputationRep:
    i like him but i'm unsure if he likes me, i catch him staring at me sometimes and he is quite loud, he actually speaks to a lot of people so this is why i'm confused. he's quite intimidating to approach, i'm too shy to speak to him lol
    He definitely 100% likes you and you like him! If you see him by himself just say "Hi (his name)" "(let him respond)" "Are you busy right now? I need help with this question/essay"
    If he says he is busy ask him for his number (anyone would want to give their number to their crush)
    ALSO there is no need to be intimidated HE is clearly shy and likes you, he is not going to be rude. He probably wants to talk to you aswell but doesn't have to courage to neither do you. Please go talk to him. This SAME thing happened to me recently, but I was in the boys position and I was too scared/shy to talk her because she was really fit (probably out of my league), Now we are together!
    MAKE SURE ITS JUST HIM AND YOU (none of his or your friends and nobody that will make it awkward)

ReputationRep:
    two insecure people lol

wont work
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    One of you has got to take the lead, if you really like him that much then you need to make the effort to speak to him, otherwise you will never know what will happen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.