Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what age to get job and do still doing gcse with job

(Original post by beccatiger123)
    what age to get job and do still doing gcse with job
    I would say 18+, unless you are in need of an income.

The second question, Ehm..

Studies and a job at the same time? Yes, it's possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ok wow

ok wow
    wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep. can we talk on pms

ReputationRep:
    I've always had a job since i was 15. A good job to get is a holiday job, so you can concentrate on your studies during term time. During sixth form i had a saturday job as well. Honestly, it shouldnt impact on your studies. Although you should be revising a lot it shouldnt be so extreme that you cant take a few hours out of your week to earn some money. For me it was good as it made me more organised and procrastinate less as well. Most people i knew had a job at school or in the holidays.

yep. can we talk on pms
    Don't tell me you have more questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    no. just want to talk

Don't tell me you have more questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no. just want to talk

ReputationRep:
    I have a job and I'm doing my GCSE's. I feel like 14/15 is a good age to get a small job, it can teach you about the concepts of work and can act as a stress-reliever from school

no. just want to talk

no. just want to talk
    Ok, drop me a message if you want to.

(Original post by caitlinford3)
    I have a job and I'm doing my GCSE's. I feel like 14/15 is a good age to get a small job, it can teach you about the concepts of work and can act as a stress-reliever from school
    Stress-reliever.

Depends where you work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, drop me a message if you want to.

Stress-reliever.

Depends where you work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I work in a busy cafe/restaurant/shop (it's kinda all morphed into one) and although yes in itself it can be stressful & you need to be quick etc, it's a break away from school as you're thinking about other things, releasing your stress in other ways, so I think no matter what job it is it's a stress-reliever, to be honest I think busy jobs moreso because you aren't sat around to think about all the revision you're not doing
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Depends on your circumstances. I'd suggest as early as possible, for experience, if nothing else. Yes, many people do both i.e. work and study. Again, it all depends on your own personal situation really.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.