Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Data Analysis advice desperately needed watch

Announcements

Hello everyone, I am looking for some advice. I am a student and have conducted a study to investigate the relationship between Eysnecks 5 personality factors and chronotype (morning types and evening types). Can anyone advise me which test to use when analysing the results please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPSSvirgin)
    Hello everyone, I am looking for some advice. I am a student and have conducted a study to investigate the relationship between Eysnecks 5 personality factors and chronotype (morning types and evening types). Can anyone advise me which test to use when analysing the results please?
    Try this website- http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/mult_pkg/whatstat/

Thank you, I had a look at that site already but I'm still unsure which test to use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPSSvirgin)
    Thank you, I had a look at that site already but I'm still unsure which test to use

Sorry then it's been a while since I used SPSS, I've attached an old guide to stats paper I have from uni which I used to use, maybe this will help you. Good luck I remember how much I hated SPSS also.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf flow chart.pdf (516.1 KB, 271 views)
  2. Attached Files
  3. File Type: doc A guide to statistical analysis.doc (98.0 KB, 87 views)

ReputationRep:
    What exactly does your data look like?

The sleep data is from a mixture of 48 multiple choice questions. The personality data was also collected through a multiple choice questionnaire to ultimately obtain 5 numbers per participant to represent each personality trait.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.