The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Leaving University In Final Year

Hi,

I'm a third year student in my final year and I'm really struggling with depression, in first and second years I averaged a mark of 75% I then did a placement year which went really well but after returning this year I'm currently only averaging about 30%. I'm also really far behind in my dissertation and don't think I'll be able to finish anything before the deadline.

I hate being at university for multiple reasons, and I don't think my depression will improve until I leave.

I know its only a few months more but I just cant face it any more, I want to leave
immediately and never return.

Have I wasted my time at uni if I leave now?
Are you being treated by your GP? If not go and get diagnosed.
Are you in contact with your unis mental health services? If not contact them asap.
Have you spoken to your tutir and is your department aware yet?

Nobody can stop you just leaving, but it would be sensible to do it through the official channels an get authorisation, so people know.
If they agree then you cna leave with your credits intact and they may let you return when you are better to complete and still get your degree.

Accept the fact you are not yourself , so you are being pessimistic. You need to talk to the people above.