Edexcel Biology A2 Scientific Article June 2016

Watch this thread
petraaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Factory of Life

Feel free to discuss possible questions.
beheiry
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Do you mean the "Aspects of Aging and Disease" article?
girlyoudontknow
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by petraaa)
Factory of Life

Feel free to discuss possible questions.
Do you have a link to the article, as I am an external student??

I would really appreciate it.
petraaa
Rep:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-now-available
petraaa
Rep:
(Original post by beheiry)
Do you mean the "Aspects of Aging and Disease" article?
I believe Aspects of Aging is the IAL June 2016 article, not regular GCE.
perez_perez
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Gene expression comes up so much
Sandy_Vega30
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hey Guys! I am also doing the IAL Unit 5 Bio Edexcel. Does anybody know what "Hypoxic Insult" is? I am quoting line 2 of paragraph 4 of the article.Thanks.
Mistry07
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sandy_Vega30)
Hey Guys! I am also doing the IAL Unit 5 Bio Edexcel. Does anybody know what "Hypoxic Insult" is? I am quoting line 2 of paragraph 4 of the article.Thanks.
Hypoxic insult means being subjected to low oxygen levels, therefore ability of mitochondria to survive low oxygen levels reduces
Mistry07
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hypoxic insult means being subjected to low oxygen levels, therefore ability of mitochondria to survive low oxygen levels reduces
salsingh
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys! We have been discussing the unit 5 article in class and we are all stuck at line 6 of paragraph 18, where they talk about "mysosome-like structure". Does anyone know what a mysosome is? Thank you!
Sandy_Vega30
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mistry07)
Thank you so much!
Sandy_Vega30
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by salsingh)
Hey guys! We have been discussing the unit 5 article in class and we are all stuck at line 6 of paragraph 18, where they talk about "mysosome-like structure". Does anyone know what a mysosome is? Thank you!
I tried to search mysosome on google but the only reults that came up was "lysosome". I don't know what to do.
salsingh
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I tried to search mysosome on google but the only reults that came up was "lysosome". I don't know what to do.
Same..even our teacher doesn't know!
.JC.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'd hazard a guess that its a typo, given that M and L are so close together on a keyboard. Literally nothing comes up when you search 'mysosome'.
Sandy_Vega30
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by .JC.)
I'd hazard a guess that its a typo, given that M and L are so close together on a keyboard. Literally nothing comes up when you search 'mysosome'.
I checked the original soft copy of the book this article was published from and it is a "LYSOSOME". Stupid Edexcel.
Attached files
.JC.
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I checked the original soft copy of the book this article was published from and it is a "LYSOSOME". Stupid Edexcel.
Wow, it's not the first time I've seen typos and spelling mistakes in their material (mark schemes) but that's a little more serious.

That's the type of thing which could feature in a question on the paper. Might email them and see if they change it.
salsingh
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Thank you very much. It's funny how they easily make such mistakes and don't even correct it.
Sandy_Vega30
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by .JC.)
Wow, it's not the first time I've seen typos and spelling mistakes in their material (mark schemes) but that's a little more serious.

That's the type of thing which could feature in a question on the paper. Might email them and see if they change it.
You should email them. Make them realize that they are not always correct. :unimpressed:
Sandy_Vega30
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by salsingh)
Thank you very much. It's funny how they easily make such mistakes and don't even correct it.
Your welcome.
Ladymusiclover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It's all about genetic engineering.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads