Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm taking my AS Bio exams this year and I need some last minute tips :') other than making notes for every topic + doing textbook qs and past papers any other advice on how to revise effectively? especially this close to the exam. Also any websites one can find an exam q/past paper q for each topic?? Is it worth writing down questionsand answers on q cards for every topic?
    Many questions but any suggestions/ exam predictions would be much appreciated
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ami T. O)
    Okay so I'm taking my AS Bio exams this year and I need some last minute tips :') other than making notes for every topic + doing textbook qs and past papers any other advice on how to revise effectively? especially this close to the exam. Also any websites one can find an exam q/past paper q for each topic?? Is it worth writing down questionsand answers on q cards for every topic?
    Many questions but any suggestions/ exam predictions would be much appreciated
    Looking at past papers for your exam will give you a good idea of what type of questions can appear in your exam. Comparing your answers to the mark scheme of past papers gives can help you improve your answers and help give you better exam technique.

In terms of studying the wrong topics, you can go on the exam board website and look at the specification to see the exact type of topics which could come up in your exam. Also, you may be able to notice a trend in the types of topics or questions that regularly come up in the exam.

There are past paper resources available on the TSR forums, there are also biology revision resources on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1374364

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    Looking at past papers for your exam will give you a good idea of what type of questions can appear in your exam. Comparing your answers to the mark scheme of past papers gives can help you improve your answers and help give you better exam technique.

In terms of studying the wrong topics, you can go on the exam board website and look at the specification to see the exact type of topics which could come up in your exam. Also, you may be able to notice a trend in the types of topics or questions that regularly come up in the exam.

There are past paper resources available on the TSR forums, there are also biology revision resources on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1374364

Thanks for the link- super helpful!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.