Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I am thinking of doing a gap year because I am ahead one year and if I don't I'll be going into uni at 17 years old and my bday is at the end of May, so it's not really a choice. I am considering Oxbridge for either natural sciences or medicine. has anyone got any suggestions to what oxbridge likes in a gap year or related to the courses above, bearing in mind I will be 17 in the majority of my gap year. I would obviously like to go backpacking somewhere maybe s america?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonnie 99)
    Hello!
    I am thinking of doing a gap year because I am ahead one year and if I don't I'll be going into uni at 17 years old and my bday is at the end of May, so it's not really a choice. I am considering Oxbridge for either natural sciences or medicine. has anyone got any suggestions to what oxbridge likes in a gap year or related to the courses above, bearing in mind I will be 17 in the majority of my gap year. I would obviously like to go backpacking somewhere maybe s america?
    Thanks!
    Hey,

One thing that all universities look out for is productiveness throughout your gap year. Make sure you are productive throughout your gap year.

Here's a list of things you can do:
    • Inter-railing
    • Travelling generally
    • Learn a new language / sharpen up your language skills
    • Volunteering (e.g. for a charity)
    • Find a new hobby and expertise in it
    • Get a paid job
    • Experience in a field of your interest (a course you're looking to do)

Hope this is helpful.

Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.