Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! I've applied for a bunch of Univerisities to learn chemistry and I'm considering two mainly. I've applied for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry with a year in industry MSci(5 years) at Imparial and also for Chemistry with biomedicine(4 years) Msci at King's. I've been at an interview at ICL and got an offer from both. I know, that ICL is more prestigious and I prefer that mainly, but I do not know much about the Department of Chemistry and this course at KCL. Is there quality tuition? I know, that the Department of Chemistry is a pretty new one, and I just want go get some general info about the two. I'm a Hungarian student from Romania and I'm just not well informed about the universities. The offer from ICL is a 9.5/10 at final exam, while from KCL is 8/10. So the questions mainly:
    -Is King's good at chemistry, and in this course, is it worth going there?
    -Are they well equipped?
    -Do King's have good opportunities for carreer starting, are they good at research?
    -Is King's easier to do?(Maybe more possibilities for doing part time job, because it's pretty hard financially for us.)
    I'm considering King's because my girlfriend who I'm planning to live with has an offer from KCL only. I believe, that we could manage the everyday problems easier if we went to the same Uni. How much time would we have at home together and how well could we make a common daily program if one of us went to ICL. In addition KCL gives accomodation only if I accept their offer firmly, and I'm afraid I would't live up to the criteria of ICL offer. What would you do? Is ICL worth the extra hardships and not going to the same uni, or is it better to accept the KCL offer firmly? There are many possibilities and I just don't know what to do because there are many possible outcomes of each decision. I hope you can help me make this decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by csomos.cs.attila)
    Hello everyone! I've applied for a bunch of Univerisities to learn chemistry and I'm considering two mainly. I've applied for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry with a year in industry MSci(5 years) at Imparial and also for Chemistry with biomedicine(4 years) Msci at King's. I've been at an interview at ICL and got an offer from both. I know, that ICL is more prestigious and I prefer that mainly, but I do not know much about the Department of Chemistry and this course at KCL. Is there quality tuition? I know, that the Department of Chemistry is a pretty new one, and I just want go get some general info about the two. I'm a Hungarian student from Romania and I'm just not well informed about the universities. The offer from ICL is a 9.5/10 at final exam, while from KCL is 8/10. So the questions mainly:
    -Is King's good at chemistry, and in this course, is it worth going there?
    -Are they well equipped?
    -Do King's have good opportunities for carreer starting, are they good at research?
    -Is King's easier to do?(Maybe more possibilities for doing part time job, because it's pretty hard financially for us.)
    I'm considering King's because my girlfriend who I'm planning to live with has an offer from KCL only. I believe, that we could manage the everyday problems easier if we went to the same Uni. How much time would we have at home together and how well could we make a common daily program if one of us went to ICL. In addition KCL gives accomodation only if I accept their offer firmly, and I'm afraid I would't live up to the criteria of ICL offer. What would you do? Is ICL worth the extra hardships and not going to the same uni, or is it better to accept the KCL offer firmly? There are many possibilities and I just don't know what to do because there are many possible outcomes of each decision. I hope you can help me make this decision.
    I cannot speak for KCL's course but Imperial is near two Tube stations and Central only takes about 20-25min on the Tube so I wouldn't choose a uni based on a relationship you're in right now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.