The Student Room Group

A level maths C1-C4, M1 and S1

Anyone know exactly what I need to know for A level maths. I'm learning the content on my own and doing the exams in May just need to go over everything but is there somewhere that I can get every formula that I need to know before the exam?
Original post by Aaliyah.97
Anyone know exactly what I need to know for A level maths. I'm learning the content on my own and doing the exams in May just need to go over everything but is there somewhere that I can get every formula that I need to know before the exam?

What exam board?
If it's AQA then they give you an exam booklet you can find it on AQA :smile:
C1 - Is mainly GCSE's but it has differentiation and integration that are new topics
C2 - Further C1 basically ;p
C3 - Not sure haven't covered it
C4 - Not sure haven't covered it
Reply 2
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
What exam board?
If it's AQA then they give you an exam booklet you can find it on AQA :smile:
C1 - Is mainly GCSE's but it has differentiation and integration that are new topics
C2 - Further C1 basically ;p
C3 - Not sure haven't covered it
C4 - Not sure haven't covered it

No it's Edexcel. I'm so scared for the exams paid so much and I'm so sure I'm going to fail.

Here is a link for the specification for Edecel A level Maths.

Examsolutions has videos for each of the main topics. It would be advisable to get textbooks or at the very least, a revision guide :smile:.
(edited 8 years ago)
No it's Edexcel. I'm so scared for the exams paid so much and I'm so sure I'm going to fail.

Aw i dont do edexcel otherwise i wouldve helped u :/
But i bet its similar to me if you have any questions you're stuck on pm me and ill work it out for u :smile:
Just keep doing past papers to learn :smile:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

Examsolutions has videos for each of the main topics. It would be advisable to get textbooks or at the very list, a revision guide :smile:.

This. I am also self teaching (though not taking official exams) and have almost exclusively used Examsolutions for explanations.
Reply 6
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

Examsolutions has videos for each of the main topics. It would be advisable to get textbooks or at the very least, a revision guide :smile:.

Yeah I am using examsoloutions and I'm using mathswebsites that have videos like lesson long ones. But thanks for the specification
Reply 7
Aw i dont do edexcel otherwise i wouldve helped u :/
But i bet its similar to me if you have any questions you're stuck on pm me and ill work it out for u :smile:
Just keep doing past papers to learn :smile:

Thanks so much
Reply 8
Original post by ByronicHero
This. I am also self teaching (though not taking official exams) and have almost exclusively used Examsolutions for explanations.

I'm using that and mathswebsites.com it has great videos.
Thanks so much

Dont mention it :tongue:
Reply 10

🤓😬😊

Genos is that you?
Original post by Dysprosium
Genos is that you?

Whos genos? :O
Whos genos? :O

Damn, i thought your avatar was Genos from One Punch Man, my bad...
Original post by Dysprosium
Damn, i thought your avatar was Genos from One Punch Man, my bad...

rofl its Killua from HUNTERXHUNTER!

Quick Reply

Latest