Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been trying to revise for maths as i have my gcse's coming up, i've been going on this website called Mathswatch where it has loads of videos on how to do a certain topic which is helpful. But i'm trying to complete maths past papers but i keep procrastinating and everyone tells me that it's the best way to boost your grade. I'm currently a C grade in maths and i want to get a B or higher, and i just want to know other people's tips on how to revise for maths or even how to motivate yourself to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yara.y)
    I've been trying to revise for maths as i have my gcse's coming up, i've been going on this website called Mathswatch where it has loads of videos on how to do a certain topic which is helpful. But i'm trying to complete maths past papers but i keep procrastinating and everyone tells me that it's the best way to boost your grade. I'm currently a C grade in maths and i want to get a B or higher, and i just want to know other people's tips on how to revise for maths or even how to motivate yourself to study?
    Yeah Mathswatch can help, and past papers are really good. But it might be worth doing it under timed conditions - especially if you find that it takes so long to do due to your procrastination. This means that it will only take the alotted time and not waste any time.

Also if you are doing it near your computer or phone, I personally like using the app Forest which helps you work solidly for a selected am ount of time and grows a cute tree in the process BUT if you go off the app before the timer finishes or you go on something you're not supposed to, the tree dies. I find it also helps me plan for breaks and that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    Yeah Mathswatch can help, and past papers are really good. But it might be worth doing it under timed conditions - especially if you find that it takes so long to do due to your procrastination. This means that it will only take the alotted time and not waste any time.

Also if you are doing it near your computer or phone, I personally like using the app Forest which helps you work solidly for a selected am ount of time and grows a cute tree in the process BUT if you go off the app before the timer finishes or you go on something you're not supposed to, the tree dies. I find it also helps me plan for breaks and that too
    Thanks so much, i'll download that app too i think it might help. Thanks again!! <3

ReputationRep:
    OMGG i use mathswatch CD. Its amazing, It helped me frm like a low C to a B grade. Make sure you do loads of past paper questios bcoz watching vids wont really help as much. Use this website called 5 a day. It literally got 5 questions form A*- C and lower for each day of the year. AND ITS FREE ). I need to start using that. Jsut try you best and im sure you'll be fine.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.