Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im extremely confused about the course i should take. At first, i was extremely set on A levels. I now have been extremely blessed to have beem scholarships for both courses. As happy as i am, i am extremely confused. Im afraid to do IB because i was so used to the exam based courses, but on the other hand, i know it will bring me out of my comfort zone. What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    Don't make things harder for yourself by doing the IB, universities set higher entry tariffs for IB than they do for A-levels even though IB is harder. Taking the IB is a tactically foolish way of showing everyone how smart you are. I've seen many students seduced by the International Baccalaureate only to mess up their UCAS applications. IB is all risk for little reward.

A-levels are more flexible too, just choose which subjects you want without any complusion to do certain courses which you don't like or aren't good at.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice. I will definitely take that into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Which subjects would you take for both?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.