Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm at a Scottish university at the moment, I came here through clearing because I unfortunately came out with BCCA* at A level. As most of you are aware, the degree here is 4 years long. I'm in first year at the moment and the first two years here don't "count" and also it has been much easier than a typical first year at an English university (according to friends who take the same course in England).

My insurance choice from last year came around and said they'll take me into their second year of the course in 2016 providing I do well at my current uni. My only concern is that I'm going to feel behind since I won't have done an "English" first year which seems more intense than a Scottish one. I feel a bit scared to be thrown into second year of a 3 year degree but I'm really unhappy where I am currently. However, one of the incentives of going to the English uni is that I'll graduate a year earlier (as I planned) because there a lottt of further study things I'd like to pursue.

Should I just go for it? I have firmed them.. But I'm just quite concerned.

Thank you for reading I really appreciate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Captivated)
    I'm at a Scottish university at the moment, I came here through clearing because I unfortunately came out with BCCA* at A level. As most of you are aware, the degree here is 4 years long. I'm in first year at the moment and the first two years here don't "count" and also it has been much easier than a typical first year at an English university (according to friends who take the same course in England).

My insurance choice from last year came around and said they'll take me into their second year of the course in 2016 providing I do well at my current uni. My only concern is that I'm going to feel behind since I won't have done an "English" first year which seems more intense than a Scottish one. I feel a bit scared to be thrown into second year of a 3 year degree but I'm really unhappy where I am currently. However, one of the incentives of going to the English uni is that I'll graduate a year earlier (as I planned) because there a lottt of further study things I'd like to pursue.

Should I just go for it? I have firmed them.. But I'm just quite concerned.

Thank you for reading I really appreciate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They wouldnt accept you if they didnt believe you could cope so i say go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    They wouldnt accept you if they didnt believe you could cope so i say go for it
    I tell myself that but it's still a bit concerning. I really want to graduate with a first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.