The Student Room Group

A level Spanish- How Hard?

okay so I'm thinking of taking Spanish A level from september and was wondering about the difficulty of the A-level in terms of essay writing because I'm not brilliant at essays myself. I'm predicted an A* in Spanish IGSCSE (and also an A* in English if that is revenant to do with the essays, but if i get that it will only just be scraping it). I also find fast conjugation hard of the top of my head so would it be a mistake to take spanish?
I only took Spanish up to AS, mainly cos I was finding doing both French and Spanish together really difficult. Essays are quite a big part of it, but I'm sure you'd get help getting the technique right in class, and you could also practice questions in your own time too. If you enjoy it, you should definitely take it!
Speaking from an AQA perspective languages are really easy if you're good at them (assuming you are with an A* prediction) you get used to essays and even if they aren't your strong point you can make it up with loads of easy marks in the speaking/listening section
Reply 3
Original post by caitlind08
I only took Spanish up to AS, mainly cos I was finding doing both French and Spanish together really difficult. Essays are quite a big part of it, but I'm sure you'd get help getting the technique right in class, and you could also practice questions in your own time too. If you enjoy it, you should definitely take it!

Yeah our Spanish teachers are really good I'm sure they'd help and I would practise questions too, I think I might do so because I do enjoy it
Reply 4
Original post by jordan12341
Speaking from an AQA perspective languages are really easy if you're good at them (assuming you are with an A* prediction) you get used to essays and even if they aren't your strong point you can make it up with loads of easy marks in the speaking/listening section

Is the speaking difficult? Having to conjugate verbs quickly sounds quite daunting to me because at the moment I just have the ones I need (mostly in yo form, el/ella form and nosotros form) memorised but I can use the more complex ones when I have a little more time to think like in writing

Quick Reply

Latest