Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey , I have applied to study Forensic science at BU and attended the applicant open day yesterday. I saw the crime scene facility and loved it . I have done a-level biology and did do a-level chemistry ( as i dropped it 2nd year ) and was wondering much of the biology i learnt in a-level is seen in the forensic science degree ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felisemartin)
    Hey , I have applied to study Forensic science at BU and attended the applicant open day yesterday. I saw the crime scene facility and loved it . I have done a-level biology and did do a-level chemistry ( as i dropped it 2nd year ) and was wondering much of the biology i learnt in a-level is seen in the forensic science degree ?
    Hi Felise,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year Business Studies student. I'm also a student ambassador for BU here on the student room.

As you can see, I'm not a Forensic Science student, however I've got some close friends in the faculty. It's good that you've had some experience of studying Chemistry because there are straight Chemistry units as part of the course makeup. Friends have mentioned that having that grounding (albeit at AS level) has really helped. Biology is more a case of intertwining the new conceps that you'll learn with the key terms you already know from A-level. In short, you'll use both, but it'll be a case of using what you know to support the new theory that you'll learn on the course.

Hope that's helpful and feel free to shoot any other questions over!

Steve Moss

ReputationRep:
    Hello Steve ,

Thank you so much that has cleared up my concern . I have not come across many people that are planning to study forensics on the student room so all the information I get is great . I just have another question but don't worry if you can't answer as your speciality is business studies , but how much time do you think the students spend in the crime scene facility compared to lab work ? And do the students spend their time anywhere else when being taught eg outside the lecture theatres on another site other than the Talbot campus ?

Thank you again

Felise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.