Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

"You know it's time to lose weight when..." watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know where else to put this but anyway summertime is coming and I just can't be arsed to get my "summer body." I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep though because I've discovered a coping mechanism lol.

Even before memes were officially a thing, I have memed myself to death with self deprecation for...well, not being the thinnest creature ever.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I was a chubby kid, who suffered cheek and tummy pinching by adults, and name calling from the boys.

So when I was 7 I got down on the floor and pressed up till I couldn't feel my arms, and by the time I was a teenager (like 15) I had more visible muscles and core strength than the boys. :cool:

And then I lost my gains my first year at University and got fat again lol

So now as a 20-something year old woman I struggle with the ups and downs of my weight amount and I struggle with the ups and downs controlling it.
    Meantime I playfully bully myself with "you know it's time to lose weight when..."
    so I'm just gonna post the ones I remember finding funny here (you can add if you want):
    • you know it's time to lose weight when the shop assistant comes up to you not after 2 minutes and asks, "so...what size are ya lookin' for, anyway? " #NoSizeProfiling? (this recently started happening to me this year when I know my weight has climbed a bit. It's a shop I always go to and there's two shop bitc--assistants --there who keep asking me that?!)
    Here's some more
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • when your mother starts with the random "I'm just worried about you and want you to be happy" talk, while gently trying to tug your dinner plate away
    • when you're on a date and he comments about your "chubby cheeks"
    • when the guy you're seeing asks you, "what food have you got in your bag today, huh? :smug:"
    • when you have to take a rest in the middle of putting your shoes on
    • when you have to brainstorm a technique on how to get in your clothes
    • when you're suddenly faced with life's oldest dilemma: "do I use my train fare for the train, or for chips?" And then convince yourself that buying the chips will be fine because "I'll just work off the calories when I walk home! :ahee:...at 11 at night...in the middle of winter...in a bad area..."
    • when chubby children outrun you

ReputationRep:
    You know it's time to lose weight when you don't feel comfortable and secure in the size of your body. People of all sizes are fine.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    When it's spring Cutting season brap brap.

ReputationRep:
    You know it's time to lose when when you're overweight

(Original post by iMacJack)
    You know it's time to lose weight when you don't feel comfortable and secure in the size of your body. People of all sizes are fine.
    what about when your weight starts to affect your health?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    bulk 24/7

ReputationRep:
    you have to buy two seats to sit on th plane
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    You know it's time to lose weight when you're bedridden as a doctor informs you that you need to lose weight, before accompanying ailments shut your body down further

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    you have to buy two seats to sit on th plane
    lol yesss this is where I was heading with the OP

when you have to strategise how to put a belt on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    You know it's time to lose when when you're overweight
    You know it's time to lose weight when you make a thread titled "you know it's time to lose weight."
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by truemiscer)
    bulk 24/7
    Powerlifterbrah.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for commenting :hugs:

I know this is summer-body get ready season but ~sigh~
    it's really not hard to lose weight though, maybe hard to keep it off for sure because ice cream and expensive gym fees lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Not in the dating scene, let's be real
    I'm not big or anything but I'm gaining weight just by like breathing it seems :mad:

and people say ignorant things.

ReputationRep:
    You know it's time to lose weight when everyone thinks you're pregnant

ReputationRep:
    Powerlifterbrah.
    Strongmanbrah
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Strongmanbrah
    Notabodybuildereitherwaybrah.

ReputationRep:
    not funny but you know its time to lose weight when people start giving up food vouchers

true story:
    you know its time to lose weight/ eat healthy when your local pizza plate knows your address and order as soon as you say hi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Especially if you are male
    loool because of the belly?
    well I've had my friend's mums come up to me and say I'm starting to look chubby and then everyone starts side-eyeing me like, "hmmmm." For...****...sake. Because you know women gain weight during pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissMay)
    You know it's time to lose weight when everyone thinks you're pregnant
    I was scared to ask a women that several times.

Its a good thing I kept quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    not funny but you know its time to lose weight when people start giving up food vouchers

true story:
    you know its time to lose weight/ eat healthy when your local pizza plate knows your address and order as soon as you say hi
    LOL story of my life, or when you walk into a takeaway and they're like "oh hi! A large?"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.