Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently dealing with the tricky problem of deciding which uni to put as my firm for Mechanical Engineering (Bath, Bristol or Oxford).

The thing is, Bath accomodation is first come first served and the deadline for putting them as my firm is today if I want to be able to apply for accomodation on the first day it's available!

Do I need to make the decision today? Or would a few days make that much difference?

Side question - why should I and shouldn't I pick Bath?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skatchan)
    So I'm currently dealing with the tricky problem of deciding which uni to put as my firm for Mechanical Engineering (Bath, Bristol or Oxford).

The thing is, Bath accomodation is first come first served and the deadline for putting them as my firm is today if I want to be able to apply for accomodation on the first day it's available!

Do I need to make the decision today? Or would a few days make that much difference?

Well, really, what's most important is that you choose the right university. No good ending up at Bath when you'd rather have gone to the others. Although, if you're relatively certain, I'd say go for it. You want to apply on the day (12th of April) if you want your accommodation of choice adamantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bath~Student)
    Well, really, what's most important is that you choose the right university. No good ending up at Bath when you'd rather have gone to the others. Although, if you're relatively certain, I'd say go for it. You want to apply on the day (12th of April) if you want your accommodation of choice adamantly.
    Yeah I really have no idea which is best, they all have good and bad points.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Skatchan)

Hi,

As you can see on our website, applications for accommodation are processed in order of the date and time that they are submitted, so accommodation is allocated on a first come first serve basis. This means that as more people apply for accommodation, certain accommodation options will be removed from the application process due to high demand. Despite this, all undergraduate applicants are guaranteed university accommodation providing that you choose Bath as your firm choice and apply for accommodation by the guarantee deadline which is usually around early July. So if you are unable to apply for accommodation on the first day it opens, try not to worry as there will still be some accommodation options available.

From my personal experience of applying for accommodation, some options tend to be removed very quickly (e.g. within the first few hours). When I applied the most popular types of accommodation seemed to be those with en-suite rooms such as Marlborough and Solsbury, but this is likely to vary from year to year so may not necessarily be the same when you apply.

Please feel free to quote me if you have any other questions!

Beth

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm planning on applying to Woodland Court, but I never see ANYONE say anything about it on here, I see loads about all the other places but nothing on Woodland, is there something wrong with it or is it unpopular or something?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTopStudent)
    Hey guys,

I'm planning on applying to Woodland Court, but I never see ANYONE say anything about it on here, I see loads about all the other places but nothing on Woodland, is there something wrong with it or is it unpopular or something?

Thanks in advance
    The price tag. We are not royalties on TSR.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by TheTopStudent)
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance
    Hi,

I recently responded to another question of yours. Woodland Court is not at all unpopular, it was actually first to be removed from the university site last year. Many people prefer Woodland Court to the Quads and Solsbury because it has double beds in the rooms. This comes down to personal preference really, but in Quads I have never had an issue with having a single bed.

Compare Woodland Court to Solsbury and Marlborough as with my previous response to you, just with the double beds in this case.

Hayden

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.