Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Iv'e tried applying for student finance for this coming academic year however when i go on to student finance wales to apply it says according to my details i already have an account. I currently recieve EMA but i don't ever recall singing up (my email is already in use). Additionally when i go and try to request a new password it says that a security question is linked to my account so it won't allow me to change the password. How do i get access to the security question for my account because i can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Richpeasant)
    Iv'e tried applying for student finance for this coming academic year however when i go on to student finance wales to apply it says according to my details i already have an account. I currently recieve EMA but i don't ever recall singing up (my email is already in use). Additionally when i go and try to request a new password it says that a security question is linked to my account so it won't allow me to change the password. How do i get access to the security question for my account because i can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.
    Give them a call, they should be able to reset the account for you. Otherwise make a new one with a different email address.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Give them a call, they should be able to reset the account for you. Otherwise make a new one with a different email address.
    Thanks for your reply
    i'll probably just make a new one

ReputationRep:
    By being a welsh student i thought i only had to pay £3000 but according to this question ill be paying the full amount:
    Your expected tuition fee charge is £9,000You can borrow a maximum Tuition Fee Loan of £3,900.We'll assess you for a Fee Grant of up to £5,100 to help towards any remaining tuition fee. You don't need to pay this back.
    or have i miss interpreted the question.

I'm not sure if i'm completely confused her but on my personal details it says '
    'Did you move to Wales wholly or mainly for education purposes?' I clicked no because iv'e lived here for all of my life, does it think that i'm not a welsh resident?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    By being a welsh student i thought i only had to pay £3000 but according to this question ill be paying the full amount:
    Your expected tuition fee charge is £9,000You can borrow a maximum Tuition Fee Loan of £3,900.We'll assess you for a Fee Grant of up to £5,100 to help towards any remaining tuition fee. You don't need to pay this back.
    or have i miss interpreted the question
    It's now £3900 you have to pay which the loan is for, everyone gets the £5100 grant for the rest as far as i know

ReputationRep:
    It's now £3900 you have to pay which the loan is for, everyone gets the £5100 grant for the rest as far as i know
    Oh so the £5100 doesn't have to be repaid?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Oh so the £5100 doesn't have to be repaid?
    No

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.