English Literature
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    History
    German
    Philosophy and Ethics
    Business Studies

Do you find them easy or hard to revise if you do take them (options).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Maths
    English Language
    English Literature
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    History
    German
    Philosophy and Ethics
    Business Studies

Do you find them easy or hard to revise?
    All seem easy to revise on and learn except German (oh why oh why would you take German) and History, it's not hard but just practice speed writing and practice essays.

ReputationRep:
    I take Maths, English and Science like you do and German as well.

German is probably the easiest to revise for me because it's just vocab

Maths and Science are not too difficult but I find English hard to revise because you have to spend a lot of time writing long essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefuller)
    I take Maths, English and Science like you do and German as well.

German is probably the easiest to revise for me because it's just vocab

Maths and Science are not too difficult but I find English hard to revise because you have to spend a lot of time writing long essays.

Really I never got higher than an E the higher papers and even got F's. I have got A*A* on writing and BB on the speaking but could never handle the higher papers. I am doing the foundation papers anyway so that I, at least, secure a C than end up with an overall D with the higher papers. Doing the foundation is not what I want provided I am entered into higher for everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Maths
    English Language
    English Literature
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    History
    German
    Philosophy and Ethics
    Business Studies

Do you find them easy or hard to revise if you do take them (options).
    Business Studies wasn't an option I could take at GCSE so I can't comment on that but out of those, I would say that the two English papers were the hardest to revise for. This was mainly because there wasn't exactly a way to know what marks you would get for a past essay question you attempted (unless you took it to your teacher) as it's all subjective and therefore the mark schemes don't have exact answers. I'm pretty bad at writing essays on the spot so to ensure that I spent a lot of time making sure that I would get full marks on the "Controlled Assessment" essays that are taken throughout the two-year course and to memorise the analysis for all the poems for the Language paper.

Maths was the easiest by far as all you have to do is a lot of past papers to get used to the format of the questions. The rest weren't that hard either as they pretty much only required you to memorise the content and regurgitate it onto the paper in the exam. So for Triple Science, History and Philosophy/Ethics, if you knew the contect of the textbook back-to-front and went over past papers+mark schemes to familiarise yourself with the style of questions and how they needed to be answered, you're set for those.

I took iGCSE German so that was quite easy to revise for as well. As pixiefuller said, it's just memorising vocab, pronouns, past participles of all the verbs, using the 4 tenses (present, perfect, future and conditional) correctly, knowing the adjective endings, etc. Once you've got all those under your belt, there's nothing much you need to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    id say languages are by far the hardest to revise as you just gradually get better with practise. with maths or science you can revise all the formulas etc etc and technically be ready for the exam, but with languages you do need the full year as you learn it all so gradually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one_man_abdullah)
    All seem easy to revise on and learn except German (oh why oh why would you take German) and History, it's not hard but just practice speed writing and practice essays.
    you need German and history for the E Bacc

ReputationRep:
    History isn't what I'd call hard, but you definitely can't cram the night before you've got to keep up with the notes throughout the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    you need German and history for the E Bacc
    You need any foriegn language and a Humanities subject for E Bacc, doesn't necessarily mean German and History.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by one_man_abdullah)
    You need any foriegn language and a Humanities subject for E Bacc, doesn't necessarily mean German and History.
    Yeah i know, i just meant OP chose those two for that purpose.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.