pill+ pull out method?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

Is it safe to use just be on bc pill and pull out method to prevent pregnancy or should you use condoms?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you (both) think is 'reliable enough'.

For millions of people, the pill alone is reliable enough. If you add withdrawal too, there's going to be even less chance of a pregnancy. If that's not reliable enough, using condoms might take it even closer to nil.

If the pill alone isn't reliable enough and you're considering condoms as well, look at the implant: it's more reliable than sterilisation operations...

ReputationRep:
    This is seriously risk averse. I understand that only 1 in 100 regularly sexually active women for a year and on the pill will fall pregnant. The typical reason for going on the pill is to allow the pleasure of unprotected sex with a trusted partner. If you're opting for condom and withdrawal, which must be pretty safe, I would save yourself from the extra hormones.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be too far gone to want to pull out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I use the pill and then a mixture of pull out or condoms and that's only because I have anxiety and will worry constantly that I'm pregnant at any sign, whereas my friend only uses the pill and often takes it late and has not had one pregnancy scare.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.