Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm in my first year of university in London and I hate it. I hate waking up every morning I'm going back there and whenever I go home or to my boyfriends for weekends/holidays I cry whenever anyone mentions or I think about going back there.

I had a really bad first term, I have bad anxiety and I struggled a lot adjusting to living with strangers (im in a house with 4 other people) and having to make new friends and being around literally nobody i knew was very difficult for me. One of my housemates friends sexually abused me which made it even harder for me to be there and speak to people at the university as he was someone that knew literally everyone. One of my housemates makes my time there hell, he purposely does things to upset me, he doesn't even flush a toilet and constantly takes my things, throws tantrums over things that are his own fault, goes into my room (when im there and even when im out) and he doesnt even lock or shut the front door properly! I feel constantly stressed.

I dont think the course is something I want to be doing. I find it boring and I dont feel comfortable with anyone on the course, everyone is so loud and im a very quiet person so i find it so difficult
    I really struggle with the paperwork and work load and theres nobody at uni that can help me, they won't see me as someone who needs help because I dont have diagnosed dyslexia (lol) The course is very heavily paperwork based and I cant' find ANY energy to do the work because I really dont feel like I care.
    Everyone on the second and third year course says it will get better by second year but I'm really scared it won't and I waste another year being stuck in a place I hate, with no friends or family on a course I dont like.

I'm struggling for money here and my parents/family cant afford to help me so I'm not getting to do anything, eat properly or enjoy myself.

I'm scared to quit incase I regret it in the future, but i dont feel like theres much keeping me there? Has anyone else left uni/feel the same?
    X xx
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by xantha)
    Hey,
    I'm in my first year of university in London and I hate it. I hate waking up every morning I'm going back there and whenever I go home or to my boyfriends for weekends/holidays I cry whenever anyone mentions or I think about going back there.

I had a really bad first term, I have bad anxiety and I struggled a lot adjusting to living with strangers (im in a house with 4 other people) and having to make new friends and being around literally nobody i knew was very difficult for me. One of my housemates friends sexually abused me which made it even harder for me to be there and speak to people at the university as he was someone that knew literally everyone. One of my housemates makes my time there hell, he purposely does things to upset me, he doesn't even flush a toilet and constantly takes my things, throws tantrums over things that are his own fault, goes into my room (when im there and even when im out) and he doesnt even lock or shut the front door properly! I feel constantly stressed.

I dont think the course is something I want to be doing. I find it boring and I dont feel comfortable with anyone on the course, everyone is so loud and im a very quiet person so i find it so difficult
    I really struggle with the paperwork and work load and theres nobody at uni that can help me, they won't see me as someone who needs help because I dont have diagnosed dyslexia (lol) The course is very heavily paperwork based and I cant' find ANY energy to do the work because I really dont feel like I care.
    Everyone on the second and third year course says it will get better by second year but I'm really scared it won't and I waste another year being stuck in a place I hate, with no friends or family on a course I dont like.

I'm struggling for money here and my parents/family cant afford to help me so I'm not getting to do anything, eat properly or enjoy myself.

I'm scared to quit incase I regret it in the future, but i dont feel like theres much keeping me there? Has anyone else left uni/feel the same?
    X xx
    If you're feeling like that you should leave, you'll feel much better for it.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.