Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have already applied to all my uni choices, BIMM being one of them. I have applied to do music production at both the Manchester and Brighton colleges and was just wondering if there is anyone already on the course or who knows anything about what the course and place is like?
    I loved it when I went to the open days, however since it's not a 'proper' uni and more of a college I am just worried that the degree may not have the same kind of value/usefulness as a degree from an established uni like Birmingham or somewhere.
    At the end of the day I just want to gain the skills I need to pursue the career I want in the music industry.
    Hope this post makes sense, and thankyou in advance
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CatL8)
    I have already applied to all my uni choices, BIMM being one of them. I have applied to do music production at both the Manchester and Brighton colleges and was just wondering if there is anyone already on the course or who knows anything about what the course and place is like?
    I loved it when I went to the open days, however since it's not a 'proper' uni and more of a college I am just worried that the degree may not have the same kind of value/usefulness as a degree from an established uni like Birmingham or somewhere.
    At the end of the day I just want to gain the skills I need to pursue the career I want in the music industry.
    Hope this post makes sense, and thankyou in advance
    Hi

I've moved this to the Performing arts and music forum. If you look around you'll see there are threads for most of the BIMM colleges. Most of the people posting there are applicants but they'll still hopefully have some insight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Hi

I've moved this to the Performing arts and music forum. If you look around you'll see there are threads for most of the BIMM colleges. Most of the people posting there are applicants but they'll still hopefully have some insight
    oh right thank you! I can never find the right place to post
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CatL8)
    oh right thank you! I can never find the right place to post
    Don't worry - a lot of music and drama people end up in that forum!

ReputationRep:
    I've been today to the Bimm open day and I loved it, but I'm wondering the same!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.