Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if you can take a side course at uni of learning a language?

ReputationRep:
    I believe you could take beginners modules in a language at uni. I think that some English unis have language learning centres where you can go to extra classes to learn a language.

ReputationRep:
    Some universities offer this opportunity.

I know University of Essex allows this.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieburrows99)
    Does anybody know if you can take a side course at uni of learning a language?
    Hey ,

It is my fourth year at the university of Essex and since I was a fresher the university had already launched a language scheme which is called Languages for All. A student can choose to learn a new language alongside their studies and at the end of the course all the candidates are offered a certificate. There are amateurs and advanced levels as well There is a wide range of languages that you can choose from, see more at:
    http://www.essex.ac.uk/langling/languages_for_all/

Hope that helps!
    ^andriana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andriana16)
    Hey ,

It is my fourth year at the university of Essex and since I was a fresher the university had already launched a language scheme which is called Languages for All. A student can choose to learn a new language alongside their studies and at the end of the course all the candidates are offered a certificate. There are amateurs and advanced levels as well There is a wide range of languages that you can choose from, see more at:
    http://www.essex.ac.uk/langling/languages_for_all/

Hope that helps!
    ^andriana
    Yes thank you very much!! I I'll look at their website! X

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 8, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.