Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My brain still isn't sinking with information on Microsoft Access so I've watched some tutorials on Youtube which I've found helpful after undergoing a mental block with a database I've been tasked to create.

Now, I've got three tables set up. All three tables are information which, in our old database, flow nicely one by one. Using the relationships tab, I'm trying to link them together and found this video useful.

However, when I go back into one of my table's in datasheet view, I was expecting it to show the information from the other two tables in two rows underneath however it only seems to show one. I've looked into the relationships but I'm probably doing something wrong after just about grasping the concept of how relationships work (I've put some column headings from one table in another table to create a relationship).

Just not proving successful at the moment - help much appreciated!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    My brain still isn't sinking with information on Microsoft Access so I've watched some tutorials on Youtube which I've found helpful after undergoing a mental block with a database I've been tasked to create.

Now, I've got three tables set up. All three tables are information which, in our old database, flow nicely one by one. Using the relationships tab, I'm trying to link them together and found this video useful.

However, when I go back into one of my table's in datasheet view, I was expecting it to show the information from the other two tables in two rows underneath however it only seems to show one. I've looked into the relationships but I'm probably doing something wrong after just about grasping the concept of how relationships work (I've put some column headings from one table in another table to create a relationship).

Just not proving successful at the moment - help much appreciated!
    Please list the tables (including their table names), their column names (including the primary key) and what data you're expecting as the outcome. Remember to also mention the data type for each column and any constraints (e.g. integer, foreign key etc.). I'll try and give you what you need.

If it helps: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1879146
    Note: (the underline indicates primary key, and the asterisk * indicates a foreign key)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    IMO the whole GUI crap is just pure ********, they're better off teaching you raw SQL and relational database management to get things done. Microsoft Access itself is rubbish too, heck even MS SQL or SQL Server is better than that tripe - I can't believe they still teach it, it's never going to be useful outside of academia. RDBMS' like Oracle or MySQL is where it's at!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.