Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A fair few.

ReputationRep:
    I personally only know one and she's my friend

ReputationRep:
    Live in an area which is heavily populated with Muslims, so I know so many

ReputationRep:
    Too many.. I am fed up with Islam. I want to leave Islam!

ReputationRep:
    I know lots they are all good people
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Most of them are practically family. I grew up as a Muslim.

many

ReputationRep:
    A lot.

ReputationRep:
    Some of my friends at uni are Muslims. I don't have a problem with their faith, that's up to them

ReputationRep:
    Plenty

ReputationRep:
    A very large percentage of all the people in the area I live currently and grew up with are Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Lots, I've even had dealings with 'Sharia Police.' They yell at you for wearing skirts and short sleeved tops. It's annoying a.f. The non-evangelical ones are okay though.

Before anyone uses this as pro-immigrant propaganda:

Isn't it about time these "Islam is nice, Muslims are friendly, yay" threads stopped? No one's bashing Muslims, we're bashing Islam. There's a HUGE difference.

ReputationRep:
    All but one of my school friends are Muslims. My mum used to be a Muslim so most of my family on that side are Muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Lots, I've even had dealings with 'Sharia Police.' They yell at you for wearing skirts and short sleeved tops. It's annoying a.f. The non-evangelical ones are okay though.

Before anyone uses this as pro-immigrant propaganda:

Isn't it about time these "Islam is nice, Muslims are friendly, yay" threads stopped? No one's bashing Muslims, we're bashing Islam. There's a HUGE difference.
    I don't usually reply to naive comments like yours but you are an exception (it's not a compliment)
    Firstly, if you're not Muslim yourself I don't think you even have the right to state the difference between what is or isn't. Seccondly there is no 'huge' difference, Islam is the religon Muslims are those who follow the religon, so when your bashing the religon, you are bashing those who follow it. It's an insult and quite frankly not needed.

ReputationRep:
    2 and that's only from them working in my local takeaway and corner shop. I don't know any from school, work etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hafsa)
    I don't usually reply to naive comments like yours but you are an exception (it's not a compliment)
    Firstly, if you're not Muslim yourself I don't think you even have the right to state the difference between what is or isn't. Seccondly there is no 'huge' difference, Islam is the religon Muslims are those who follow the religon, so when your bashing the religon, you are bashing those who follow it. It's an insult and quite frankly not needed.
    Certainly a contender for dumbest post of the day.

1. You don't need to be Muslim to know the difference between a Muslim and Islam. One is a follower of a religion, one is an ideology. It's not rocket science, and the idea that being a Muslim gives you greater insight into this distinction is bafflingly stupid.
    2. Yes there is a huge difference between criticising an ideology and criticising adherents to an ideology. No ideology is sacrosanct, and criticism of precepts of an objectionable one like Islam should be welcomed. Failure to distinguish between Islam as a religion and Muslims as people is idiotic. People are not solely defined by their religion.
    3. Bashing Islam is not needed? Quite on the contrary, every ideology should be question, scrutinised, mocked and criticised. That is how we advance as a civilisation. And if there is one religion where bashing is needed it is certainly Islam. Heck, the failure to ever "bash" Islam is a large part of the reason why the religion has barely moved on as a religion since the middle ages.

You claim to not usually reply to comments. I would advise you to continue in that vein if this is the dross you come up with when you do.

@OP, I know about 40 I'd say, 30 of whom are friends and family, 10 of whom are acquaintance.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    none, the majority is white here where i live

I've known hundreds in my time (lived for many years in Saudi Arabia), but am only in contact with a few these days (more if you count TSR users).

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    Lots, I've even had dealings with 'Sharia Police.' They yell at you for wearing skirts and short sleeved tops. It's annoying a.f.
    It's slipped my mind: are you a man or a woman? Sorry for asking again.

ReputationRep:
    My sister's boyfriend is Muslim and he lives in a room next to mine's. He's a nice person though Except that he snores so loud :unimpressed:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.