The Student Room Group

How much does the hair colour and length of a woman matter in dating?

Hello,

I'm really bored with my hair. I have very dark brown hair although it pretty much looks black unless it's in the sunlight so let's just say black. I get so bored with the colour and I don't feel pretty because I feel like not many guys like very dark hair. However I don't want to dye it because I'm scared of being 'fake' and a lot of men go on about how they like natural women so I feel like I can't win. Also I have olive skin and green eyes so I have to go to a very good professional hairdresser to match my tone and this costs me about £90 a pop! I'm getting really depressed and bored I don't feel good enough compared to other girls with blonde, red and brown hair.

The I've managed to grow it to my waist when straight but most time I wear it curly so it looks mid back length. Sometimes I compare myself to girls with longer hair than me and I feel less feminine and pretty. I've convinced myself if my hair was pretty enough I'd probably get asked out and that I will never get a second glance until it grows longer. I'm hoping to reach curly waist length by the end of summer.

So anyway, my question is how important are hair colour and hair length preferences in dating? Is black hair uglier than all other hair colours and less likely to stand out and likely to make me the bottom of the pile, or am I just being insecure?

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I'm really bored with my hair. I have very dark brown hair although it pretty much looks black unless it's in the sunlight so let's just say black. I get so bored with the colour and I don't feel pretty because I feel like not many guys like very dark hair. However I don't want to dye it because I'm scared of being 'fake' and a lot of men go on about how they like natural women so I feel like I can't win. Also I have olive skin and green eyes so I have to go to a very good professional hairdresser to match my tone and this costs me about £90 a pop! I'm getting really depressed and bored I don't feel good enough compared to other girls with blonde, red and brown hair.

The I've managed to grow it to my waist when straight but most time I wear it curly so it looks mid back length. Sometimes I compare myself to girls with longer hair than me and I feel less feminine and pretty. I've convinced myself if my hair was pretty enough I'd probably get asked out and that I will never get a second glance until it grows longer. I'm hoping to reach curly waist length by the end of summer.

So anyway, my question is how important are hair colour and hair length preferences in dating? Is black hair uglier than all other hair colours and less likely to stand out and likely to make me the bottom of the pile, or am I just being insecure?

Hair colour does not matter in the slightest. Never ever compare yourself to other girls. You are you, and being yourself and enlightening your personality will diminish anyone caring in the slightest about your hair colour. Being yourself is what you can give in dating, don't worry about what they'll think about your hair! :smile:
I will dig any hair length and colour so long as it looks good and suits the girl
To be honest, I'm not really bothered (as long as it suits her etc) :biggrin:

I'm certainly a fan of dark hair, though :colondollar:
This exactly.

Girl, that is the dreeeeaaam! Dark hair with light eyes looks bomb!

I personally think dark hair is the most attractive on both genders..
(edited 8 years ago)
It doesn't matter to me at all (within reason -- shocking pink might not be the best way to go...). As long as it suits the woman, it's of little consequence. Oh, and I quite like dark hair. :h: Don't think it's boring at all.

Edit: The same goes for length. I don't really mind as long as it suits.
(edited 8 years ago)
Imo, black hair looks great, especially if a girl is anywhere from pale to light brown.

I don't like stupid hair colours like pink/green and I don't like properly short hair on a girl.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

She sounds rather beautiful doesn't she @RobML?

I certainly think you look gorgeous, my lovely :smile:

EDIT: And your hair is fine for most guys in terms of dating. Only a minority prefer short hair and/or non-natural colours on girls.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Eternalflames
She sounds rather beautiful doesn't she @RobML?

I certainly think you look gorgeous, my lovely :smile:

Black hair + olive skin is best :yes:
Never cut your hair short, only beta simps like short hair, it's masculine
Original post by Start the Fire
Never cut your hair short, only beta simps like short hair, it's masculine

I was waiting for this.
Hi just wondered what you think of girls who dye their hair pink, purple, blue, green or bright red etc? As I'm thinking of dying my hair one of these colours, or trying them all out in the next few months.

I started a thread about it, could you answer?....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4003099
Original post by twhiddy
Hair colour does not matter in the slightest. Never ever compare yourself to other girls. You are you, and being yourself and enlightening your personality will diminish anyone caring in the slightest about your hair colour. Being yourself is what you can give in dating, don't worry about what they'll think about your hair! :smile:

Wow incredible advice! /s
Reply 13
I like skinhead girls personally.
I don't mind hair colours except I don't like green or blue or anything dumb like that idk it's just not for me but anything else is fine
Original post by anonwinner
Wow incredible advice! /s

Thank you:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending