Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im doing the higher biology mock (gcse) in a couple of days and i was wondering if anyone had any tips? my last mock was just the previous exam paper, so if anyone remembers any questions from their exam please help me out!! as last time i studied non stop, yet i managed to somehow study all the wrong things. if u can help thank u!!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by runwiak)
    im doing the higher biology mock (gcse) in a couple of days and i was wondering if anyone had any tips? my last mock was just the previous exam paper, so if anyone remembers any questions from their exam please help me out!! as last time i studied non stop, yet i managed to somehow study all the wrong things. if u can help thank u!!
    Looking at past papers for your exam will give you a good idea of what type of questions can appear in your exam. Comparing your answers to the mark scheme of past papers gives can help you improve your answers and help give you better exam technique.

In terms of studying the wrong topics, you can go on the exam board website and look at the specification to see the exact type of topics which could come up in your exam. Also, you may be able to notice a trend in the types of topics or questions that regularly come up in the exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.