Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    as a targaryen and he gets resurrected in the fire
    what do you guys think of this conspiracy

ReputationRep:
    I think we should resurrect Olly's parents so we can kill them again.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think he'll come back to life, despite what that ugly mug Kit Harrington keeps insisting.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Asad_2015)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    as a targaryen and he gets resurrected in the fire
    what do you guys think of this conspiracy
    why didnt you just make your thread title a question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgili)
    I think we should resurrect Olly's parents so we can kill them again.
    I hate that kid omfg, he betrayed jon ;(

ReputationRep:
    I do not get your point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asad_2015)
    I hate that kid omfg, he betrayed jon ;(
    Why are the Starks so clever and stupid at the same time? Jon is clearly intelligent, he can fight, he has honour, but he still places his trust in a dumb kid and it's obvious his decisions and honour has little appeal to a bunch of cut throats who are sent there because they were guilty of murder, rape and theft...

ReputationRep:
    You know nothing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well he isn't bound by his vows anymore since he died. He will get resurrected in the fire, find out about his parentage and try to become king to stop the Others. In the trailer Bran is shown with the Night's King, I believe he will join the Others. I don't think the Others are "evil"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    Well he isn't bound by his vows anymore since he died. He will get resurrected in the fire, find out about his parentage and try to become king to stop the Others. In the trailer Bran is shown with the Night's King, I believe he will join the Others. I don't think the Others are "evil"
    Same but they haven't been too picky about who they've killed yet so they're not exactly moral either. Then again if they know the watch is just a bunch of scum they're probably not too sad about killing them.

ReputationRep:
    Why are the Starks so clever and stupid at the same time? Jon is clearly intelligent, he can fight, he has honour, but he still places his trust in a dumb kid and it's obvious his decisions and honour has little appeal to a bunch of cut throats who are sent there because they were guilty of murder, rape and theft...
    i think the nights watch should have respected his decision after all he was the lord commander.

ReputationRep:
    Same but they haven't been too picky about who they've killed yet so they're not exactly moral either. Then again if they know the watch is just a bunch of scum they're probably not too sad about killing them.
    in the trailer they showed a lot of mask, I'm hoping everyone who was there doesnt really die

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this post from reddit:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When I complain about GoT lately people respond with "That's what the show has always been, this is what you signed up for, if you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention." but I think this episode has solidified why I have a problem with the show recently.
    The tragedy on the show used to be organic. People would die because GoT wasn't willing to give characters the 1 in a million lucky breaks that other shows give their protagonist.
    Now the show doesn't just not give the protagonists freebies, it bends over backwards to **** them over. Honestly, every military conflict in the last two and a half seasons has seen the wrong side winning.
    • Yara/Ashe and "The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles" lose a fight to a shirtless guy with a knife and 3 dogs, which is roughly what you would encounter on your average domestic disturbance call. The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles couldn't survive half an episode of "Cops"
    • The Unsullied and Baristan Selmy lose a fight against unarmored aristocrats with knives.
    • "20 good men" infiltrate the camp of the greatest military tactician alive.
    • The Unsullied lose another fight against unarmored aristocrats with spears, who honestly also make a pretty good showing against a dragon.
    • The Boltons, despite not being supported by most of the north, and seemingly not having any massive source of money, raise an army of tens of thousands and overwhelm Stannis.
    Add to that the fact that the nigh omniscient Littlefinger was apparently unaware that the Bostons were ****ed up wierdos and the show seems to be bending over backwards for tragedy.

ReputationRep:
    George RR Martin has said that some fans have already figured out the ending. This is probably it tbh :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...thers_and_the/

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this post from reddit:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When I complain about GoT lately people respond with "That's what the show has always been, this is what you signed up for, if you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention." but I think this episode has solidified why I have a problem with the show recently.
    The tragedy on the show used to be organic. People would die because GoT wasn't willing to give characters the 1 in a million lucky breaks that other shows give their protagonist.
    Now the show doesn't just not give the protagonists freebies, it bends over backwards to **** them over. Honestly, every military conflict in the last two and a half seasons has seen the wrong side winning.
    • Yara/Ashe and "The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles" lose a fight to a shirtless guy with a knife and 3 dogs, which is roughly what you would encounter on your average domestic disturbance call. The 50 best swordsmen in the Iron Isles couldn't survive half an episode of "Cops"
    • The Unsullied and Baristan Selmy lose a fight against unarmored aristocrats with knives.
    • "20 good men" infiltrate the camp of the greatest military tactician alive.
    • The Unsullied lose another fight against unarmored aristocrats with spears, who honestly also make a pretty good showing against a dragon.
    • The Boltons, despite not being supported by most of the north, and seemingly not having any massive source of money, raise an army of tens of thousands and overwhelm Stannis.
    Add to that the fact that the nigh omniscient Littlefinger was apparently unaware that the Bostons were ****ed up wierdos and the show seems to be bending over backwards for tragedy.
    Interesting but I disagree with some points, the idea that Littlefinger was unaware that the Boltons were insane seems unlikely given their sigil is a flayed man and they are well known for cruelty, although I suppose one could argue the contrary that because the Boltons rule through fear very few people dare defy or speak bad of them, I think Roose actually tells Ramsay as much.

The 20 good men and shirt thing is absolutely ridiculous and ruined those episodes for me, no way would Stannis have made such tactical error after burning his own daughter alive. He held a siege for a whole year before the show even begins and there's a reason he was the only man Tywin ever feared.

I don't know about the customs of the city but those aristocrats did come from a culture of war where the main sport was gladiator fights, it wouldn't surprise me if those were sell swords who were loyal to the aristocrats rather than the aristocrats themselves, surely it would have been very easy to identify them otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    George RR Martin has said that some fans have already figured out the ending. This is probably it tbh :
    This is a really good theory, although I almost stopped reading at the bit about Roose and Stannis, Stannis is not ruthless and power hungry, the throne is his by right and Ned even says so, he simply considers it his duty and is angry that once again he has been slighted because of his quiet personality. And lol at Roose being some sort of magic demon, he just strikes me as a very pragmatic and cold man, any magical connection robs him of his real brutality, which rests in the fact he is all too human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)

:toofunny::toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    This is why I steer clear of some theories lol, obviously I'm aware of the major theories, but there are so many fans out there who have just about worked out everything that's going to happen from 100s of hours and years worth of analysing all the little details and clues GRRM leaves in the text (and in interviews) that I feel like if I read them all, there'd be nothing to surprise or shock me in the endgame. It annoys me GRRM confirmed that as well :lol:

I almost want the popular theories surrounding Jon Snow, his 'death' and his parentage to be wrong cause I feel like the reveal of his parents at this point isn't going to be that much of a deal cause most people already are 99% sure of what it's going to be, and I do agree that the theory in the OP is the most likely at this point and makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    This is why I steer clear of some theories lol, obviously I'm aware of the major theories, but there are so many fans out there who have just about worked out everything that's going to happen from 100s of hours and years worth of analysing all the little details and clues GRRM leaves in the text (and in interviews) that I feel like if I read them all, there'd be nothing to surprise or shock me in the endgame. It annoys me GRRM confirmed that as well :lol:

I almost want the popular theories surrounding Jon Snow, his 'death' and his parentage to be wrong cause I feel like the reveal of his parents at this point isn't going to be that much of a deal cause most people already are 99% sure of what it's going to be, and I do agree that the theory in the OP is the most likely at this point and makes sense.
    Yeah that's true. I kinda want the show and the books to end differently because by the time the last book comes out, the show will be finished and everyone will already know the ending and it won't be as fun

I think the biggest mystery though, which no one has figured out, is what the hell happened to Benjen Stark!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.