ReputationRep:
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...l-media-posts/

ReputationRep:
    looks like the gestapo/stasi are back in action

ReputationRep:
    That's it, Germany is officially dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    That's it, Germany is officially dead. To arms (keyboards) right wingers! We need to take back the free speech in England before this happens to us as well!
    Careful the police have already said they will visit people who make comments which are untrue, hurtful, unnecessary or unkind.

ReputationRep:
    It's terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Careful the police have already said they will visit people who make comments which are untrue, hurtful, unnecessary or unkind.
    None of what I said falls into those categories.

ReputationRep:
    Very saddened to read this

ReputationRep:
    None of what I said falls into those categories.
    They will say it is hurtful to the people who dislike free speech they really stretch words to further the regressive lefts agenda just look at the Canadian case of Gregory Allen Elliot

ReputationRep:
    They will say it is hurtful to the people who dislike free speech they really stretch words to further the regressive lefts agenda just look at the Canadian case of Gregory Allen Elliot
    You've got a point there. There's nothing too low for the leftists.

I can't stand living in this country anymore. Since the leftists have seized control we've been on a direct course for the middle ages. This has actually been the final straw for me, I'm learning Russian and moving out to the land of common sense once I've done my degree.

ReputationRep:

I can't stand living in this country anymore. Since the leftists have seized control we've been on a direct course for the middle ages. This has actually been the final straw for me, I'm learning Russian and moving out to the land of common sense once I've done my degree.
    I'm praying for trump and hope to head west.

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying for trump and hope to head west.
    Me too. But while Clinton and Sanders still have a chance of being elected I think it's safer to head for the civilised east.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take anything posted on Breitbart with a pinch of salt tbh, a site notorious for twisting facts to suit their right wing agenda and the article almost seems to imply they're raiding people's homes for simply disagreeing with immigration which I don't think is the case here. Looking at the translation of the original source, these were the homes of right wing extremists who had posted various anti-semitic, racist and other hate on social media and some had guns and drugs in their homes too, they're not just going round raiding the homes of anyone who says one bad word against immigration or migrants ffs, since when did racism and anti-semitism count as free speech?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    I'd take anything posted on Breitbart with a pinch of salt tbh, a site notorious for twisting facts to suit their right wing agenda and the article almost seems to imply they're raiding people's homes for simply disagreeing with immigration which I don't think is the case here. Looking at the translation of the original source, these were the homes of right wing extremists who had posted various anti-semitic, racist and other hate on social media and some had guns and drugs in their homes too, they're not just going round raiding the homes of anyone who says one bad word against immigration or migrants ffs, since when did racism and anti-semitism count as free speech?
    I believe always acting on them is illegal but expressing the opinion isn't actually illegal.

It's kind of the point of free speech to be able to freely express idiotic and unpopular views

ReputationRep:
    this happens in the UK too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Free speech includes the right to offend. Therefore saying antisemitic or racist thing or things that people find offensive in general are all allowed and protected by free speech. Just because you don't agree with those sentiments it doesn't make them wrong or against free speech.

ReputationRep:
    Free speech includes the right to offend. Therefore saying antisemitic or racist thing or things that people find offensive in general are all allowed and protected by free speech. Just because you don't agree with those sentiments it doesn't make them wrong or against free speech.
    Not in Germany (or many other European countries) Expressing anti-Semitic points of view is a criminal offense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    So you believe it should be illegal to make a racist or anti-Semitic remark? Punishable by imprisonment?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    People criticising this: would you support similar actions against people who had posted extreme Islamist material on the web?

ReputationRep:
    Totalitarian practices hidden behind the veil of fake democracy. I'm disgusted.

ReputationRep:

Cause thats not migration

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.