Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have applied for a course at QMUL (Business Management) and got declined because I got a C in my Mathematics GCSE and they were asking for a B. I am currently studying Business Studies at college and I am to achieve a D*D*D. All the other universities I have picked have all accepted me. I really, really want to join this university and don't want to go to any of the universities I picked, as from the very beginning I wanted to join the university. I recently called them, and told them about my situation. They said given my situation they are willing to give me a place at QMUL. The problem is that they said that they will only give me one in August, when results day takes place. I would happily do this, however, if I were to do this, student finance wouldn't give me my course fee money on time and this would leave me in a very bad position. What other safe methods are available ? Thank you in advance very much for taking your time to read this message.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by dacosta1)
    Hello, I have applied for a course at QMUL (Business Management) and got declined because I got a C in my Mathematics GCSE and they were asking for a B. I am currently studying Business Studies at college and I am to achieve a D*D*D. All the other universities I have picked have all accepted me. I really, really want to join this university and don't want to go to any of the universities I picked, as from the very beginning I wanted to join the university. I recently called them, and told them about my situation. They said given my situation they are willing to give me a place at QMUL. The problem is that they said that they will only give me one in August, when results day takes place. I would happily do this, however, if I were to do this, student finance wouldn't give me my course fee money on time and this would leave me in a very bad position. What other safe methods are available ? Thank you in advance very much for taking your time to read this message.
    Have you got it in writing that they will offer you a place in clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Have you got it in writing that they will offer you a place in clearing?
    They told me over the phone
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    They told me over the phone
    That's a very risky position to be in, as at this point in the application process they couldn't guarantee that they will have places left in clearing. So effectively I wouldn't take their word on it at all unless you can at least get proof of it in writing.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi! I would email the admissions team, explaining your situation. As far as student finance goes, that may not be an issue, as clearing students tend to get theirs on time or near to the time. It might also be worth ringing the student finance team and letting them know? Hope this helps - Saran

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.