Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How hard is it to get a first year internship/work experience/ etc.? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Found tons of programs offered by top firms online for first years. I would assume that the competition for this is intense but does anyone know how hard it could be?

I'm assuming that the firms will account into your grades, existing CV and whether you're at a target school. Am I right to assume so?

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confusedschubert)
    Found tons of programs offered by top firms online for first years. I would assume that the competition for this is intense but does anyone know how hard it could be?

I'm assuming that the firms will account into your grades, existing CV and whether you're at a target school. Am I right to assume so?

What do you guys think?
    It obviously varies. Your grades will of course matter, though you usually apply through an online application system, and then have to complete a test (in some occasions). Your answers on the application form and test results will determine whether you get in or not. A small number of firms also interviews, so bare that in mind.

There are no target schools for law - if anything, firms are trying to open up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.