Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So my girlfriend gets a lot of attention of boys in general, whether it be on Instagram or Facebook. She receives messages by the dozen most days off thirsty lads trying to start a conversation.

This I can live with, I trust her and I love her.

However shes been at her work for over a year now & she constantly tells me about who's tried to get in touch with her on the day. The first was a complete creep who was asking her out to hotels & meals, he buys her chocolate and stuff and leaves on her desk without her knowing. She tells me she has reported him for harassment.

He'd send her emails saying she looked nice today & one day when she almost fell over on the ice he emailed her saying watch your step hehehe.

SECONDLY: This new guy whos slightly younger than me but older than my Mrs works in her office, he's been trying to flirt with her since the first day he started. Of course you're gonna get people trying to flirt, but this guy he has a girlfriend & he knows my girl is taken yet he still continues to send her emails saying he has food is she wants some & other general BS. He offered to take her home the other day & she declined even though the rain was heavy.

What I'm trying to get at is, when she tells me all of this it absolutely INFURIATES me & I'm a chill kind of guy but am I right in getting angry at this? Last night my girlfriend was telling me about it & It kind of got me really ****ed off. I over think everything so I was obviously thinking what if something does happen between them?

ReputationRep:
    If you trust her, it shouldn't matter. Because ultimately, the decision to act on this would be her's, no matter how much or little these guys flirted with her.

I actually realized it was wrong to blame other people more than your SO when it came to cheating. It was there fault for deciding to accept the flirting, right?

Unless the case of the first guy gets too violating. Then I'd tell her to report him seriously, and I may even confront him myself.

ReputationRep:
    She must report him to her manager.

If it persists my initial instinct would be to go to her place of work & wait for him. The only issue is I do not want to affect her work or anything by being violent.

I do not believe she accepts the flirting & she never replies to the emails or only gives him brief replies if he speaks to her, Well this is what she tells me & I do believe her.

She told me she had to hand him some documents the other day & when he grabbed the documents he also grabbed her hand as if he meant too, when he had no reason to even touch her.

I have to be careful with what I do as I have a criminal record from 6 years ago which may increase my chances of a custodial sentence should I have to beat him down.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it, the fact she's telling you everything indicates she's loyal and she's most likely telling you just to have a laugh with you about it, how pathetic it is and funny in her eyes. and in case anyone else mentioned it to you she's not hiding anything. Also like you said she never replies, refuses lifts etc so I don't think there's anything to worry about

(Original post by Darien91)
    I wouldn't worry about it, the fact she's telling you everything indicates she's loyal and she's most likely telling you just to have a laugh with you about it, how pathetic it is and funny in her eyes. and in case anyone else mentioned it to you she's not hiding anything. Also like you said she never replies, refuses lifts etc so I don't think there's anything to worry about
    Thanks Buddy!

Appreciate the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks Buddy!

Appreciate the advice.
    No Worries! I understand how it is, my ex used to get endless messages off boys trying to chat her up etc and it did rile me up a bit. but at the same time she did show me them all and say how cringy some of the lines were, and she's always either not reply or say "I've got a boyfriend"

You have to think she's led in bed with you and not them!

but she did turn out to be a *****

ReputationRep:
    I find it so, so so inappropriate when colleagues cross the professional barrier and behave like that. I don't know whether I'm being prudish, but I think it's so unacceptable, to behave so openly flirtatious and hitting on another in the workplace when the recipient hasn't initiated any sign of interest.

Does your girlfriend reply to the emails? If she doesn't, and they still persist she should reply to them saying she finds it inappropriate.

A few months ago I had an idiot colleague send some creepy, inappropriate messages to me on the same day where he basically introduced himself to me. I didn't reply and know how gives me the cold shoulder and practically ignores me. Some people can be ******s. If she is persistently made to feel uncomfortable she should report it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    At the end of the day, she's rejecting their advances so that tells you she's loyal to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If it persists my initial instinct would be to go to her place of work & wait for him. The only issue is I do not want to affect her work or anything by being violent.

I do not believe she accepts the flirting & she never replies to the emails or only gives him brief replies if he speaks to her, Well this is what she tells me & I do believe her.

She told me she had to hand him some documents the other day & when he grabbed the documents he also grabbed her hand as if he meant too, when he had no reason to even touch her.

I have to be careful with what I do as I have a criminal record from 6 years ago which may increase my chances of a custodial sentence should I have to beat him down.
    This is a terrible idea. Get her to report it to management if she's harassed, and if it's not that bad just laugh it off as it's a bit pathetic of them.

Don't think you should do anything personally. If you're that pent up about it then I'd steer clear of her office in case you do something you regret. They're not worth going to prison for are they?

ReputationRep:
    lol, she's gonna cuck you, enjoy it kiddo

ReputationRep:
    This is the price you pay for having a babe of a girlfriend. She's dealing with it. Plus the secret of holding on to babes is to be totally non possessive. Try to relax.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.