Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which university is better to put as my first choice for studying mathematics: UCL or Warwick University? I plan to work in a finance company or something like this in the future, but not stay in university to do PhD. After which university is it easier to find a job? Which university prepares better for life?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by maranas)
    Which university is better to put as my first choice for studying mathematics: UCL or Warwick University? I plan to work in a finance company or something like this in the future, but not stay in university to do PhD. After which university is it easier to find a job? Which university prepares better for life?
    Do you want to live in London or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Do you want to live in London or not?
    Haha, to be honest i don't mind maybe I'd like to live in London in the future.

ReputationRep:
    UCLs is probably the more applied course, Warwick's is more flexible.

ReputationRep:
    UCL has a super-flexible course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    UCL has a super-flexible course
    Yeah, that probably came across wrong: it isn't that UCL's isn't flexible, it's that Warwick's is ludicrously flexible. Even if you stay on the straight maths course, you can end up taking over half of your modules in non-maths areas in your third year, if you really want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maranas)
    Haha, to be honest i don't mind maybe I'd like to live in London in the future.
    Living in London is super expensive though. You can get ensuite catered outside of London for a lower price than standard self-catered in London. You need to really be sure if you want to go to UCL, that extra debt had better be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    They're both the same to be quite frank, look at the course of each one and decide for yourself- also, what campus you'd prefer to be at. I'd say Warwick for Maths. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Warwick for maths

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely look at any module breakdowns they have available, especially in the final year. If one set grabs your interest more that's usually a good sign!

Here's the one for Warwick
    You need to scroll down a little to find links to the modules.

Here's the one for UCL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.