Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge next year for Law. I know the standard offer is A*AA, but something I'm not too sure about is whether they specify which subject they want the A* in? If anybody knows, that would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's up to whichever college you apply for; they can if they want to, but some won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rampallian)
    Hi, I'm hoping to apply to Cambridge next year for Law. I know the standard offer is A*AA, but something I'm not too sure about is whether they specify which subject they want the A* in? If anybody knows, that would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot
    There's no particular reason why they should.

If I remember rightly they specified that A level law had to be one of my A*AA (I was taking 4 A levels), but even then it didn't have to be the A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rampallian)

Thanks a lot
    This isn't to call you out or be nasty - you really ought to check the prospectus of the colleges you're interested in AND the relevant general undergraduate pages AND specifically the law pages on their website. This information - about entry requirements - is clearly stated on their website. It's A*AA - they don't specify which subject the A* should be in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratagems)
    This isn't to call you out or be nasty - you really ought to check the prospectus of the colleges you're interested in AND the relevant general undergraduate pages AND specifically the law pages on their website. This information - about entry requirements - is clearly stated on their website. It's A*AA - they don't specify which subject the A* should be in.
    Thanks for the comment - I was pretty sure and had checked the website/prospectus but due to the lack of specification I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What a levels are you doing ? I want to study law and want to know what are reasonable a levels to choose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.