Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Post your weird dreams! watch

ReputationRep:
    This is a space for everyone to post the weirdest dreams they have had.

Here's one of my weirdest and most vivid, that I had just last night:

I was some sort of female cat-like feline person, staying with a conclave of elves. These elves were all very lithe, graceful, old, and wise people, and I was allowed to stay with them long-term because as a half-cat, I had some of the same lithe grace that they seemed to value. There was also a new arrival there, who was a dwarf; he wasn’t actually that short, but he was very resilient and a bit taciturn and stony, and had a strong connection with the ground and the earth, and so I knew he was a dwarf. Throughout the dream I had the idea there might be some sort of romance going on between the dwarf and I but it never really made itself known.

One day the dwarf and I went for a walk along one of the nicest forest trails the elves knew of. The usual idea was that people walked this trail in the evening, and at the end, there was a long, raised pier-like structure that extended into a lake where you could watch the sunset over the water. The dwarf had asked me what some of the prettiest sights were, and I was eager to show him, so we had gone on this walk even though it was actually mid-morning. When we arrived at the end of the walk, we realised that we had walked so far, so quickly, that we had outraced the movement of the sun – it was dawn, here, and we would be able to watch the sunrise over the water instead. (Never mind that the sunrise shouldn’t have been in the same place as the sunset.) But as we stepped out onto the long pier, we encountered very strong winds blowing us back the other direction, and into the air. The dwarf was able to trudge onwards through it all, because he had a knack of rooting himself a little into the ground, giving himself enormous traction. The wind caught me more strongly and I was blown completely into the air – hundreds of feet up – and thrown around by the gale-force winds there for a while. I could see the distant speck that was my dwarven friend looking around in confusion – where did my cat buddy go? Eventually I managed to catch a downdraft and plummeted into the lake. I swam over and hauled myself onto the pier, dripping wet. The dwarf said “You flew! How did you do that?!” and I could only reply, “Completely unintentionally!”

That evening the dwarf and I and a bunch of the elves stood in a large circle and played a strange game that had rules most analogous to Pokémon, I think, but which felt oddly like Scrabble. There weren’t any cards or tiles involved, though. We were using actual elemental creature things as the playing pieces, which we ordered around inside the ring. I had a pair of fiery-type creatures – one that could shoot damaging fire at other things in the ring, and one that I kept near me, that could heal me with its fire. The interesting part of the game, though, was that you could see and activate the abilities of any of the other players’ creatures, and in a way, the sum total of those abilities made up your hand. Unfortunately, I was a relative novice to this game, and I didn’t really know what any of the other players’ abilities were going to do until I used a turn to activate one, so I wasted a lot of turns doing pointless things. It was fun anyway. The dwarf was pouring glasses of water for people, but instead of pouring a glass for me, he for some reason thought I already had a glass and just poured out a large dollop of water straight into my lap.

Throughout all of this, at the back of my mind, was the brood of cats and catfolk that I called my home. This included about five other cat-people like me and about a hundred normal cats, who all lived in an abandoned shopping mall together. In this society I was a sort of provider-person who somehow helped to procure food for the group. I was really enjoying my vacation with the elves, but I knew that my cat family were getting quite hungry in my absence, and that I should return to them soon.

There was more, weirder stuff, but that's all I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I had a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I had a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    For real tho?

I once dreamed I was at a buffet in a wedding, and everyone was breakdancing and I was like damnnnn wedding, back at it again with those canapes and sick beats
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i had a dream that i woke up in the middle of the night and went toilet but let out a series of farts along the way but was too tired to care. then in the morning i wasnt sure if it was a dream or not so i was so embarrassed cos i have guests at my house atm... it felt so real then i asked my mum if she heard anything cos she sleeps late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    x

Hmmm, I can't remember what I dreamt last night...
    BUT a few nights ago, I dreamt that we were about to go into our B1 exam, and everyone was just running around panicking and I was just crying doing chemistry homework. Glad to see I had my priorities straight

And then I dreamt that, I was packing boxes and we were moving house. But we were moving next door...and I was crying because I didn't want to leave...

ForestShadow PRSOM :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream where I had this slideshow of images, slowly getting faster, and I felt like I was falling... falling...

...and then I woke up in a jolt.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Um:
    I once dreamt that I saw one of my friends naked

I don't sleep, it doesn't apply to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    x
    Yeah, I know, right? It all had a really fantasyesque feel to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    I don't sleep, it doesn't apply to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Um:
    I once dreamt that I saw one of my friends naked
    :sexface:

I thought it was a song.

But.. Yes...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was much younger, I had this recurring dream, where I would be on a seesaw with an unknown person and then this image of me on the seesaw multiplied until I couldn't see it anymore and then the world ended, end of dream. Don't ask me why I had this dream, or any more specific details because to this day I still don't know what was going on in it.

ReputationRep:
    x.
    i have plenty of dreams to talk about but for now here's one

2 nights ago i had a dream where times were reversed back to GCSE and there was this HUGE MASSIVE list of complicated french vocab to fill in. Once i started running away from my seat and tried to run out of the classroom the teacher grabbed me by my shirt and i woke up.

Dam ppl i was sweating like no tomorrow...
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by thefatone)
    i have plenty of dreams to talk about but for now here's one

2 nights ago i had a dream where times were reversed back to GCSE and there was this HUGE MASSIVE list of complicated french vocab to fill in. Once i started running away from my seat and tried to run out of the classroom the teacher grabbed me by my shirt and i woke up.

Dam ppl i was sweating like no tomorrow...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hahaha xDDD

Sorry I laughed :' ) poor you :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Hahaha xDDD

Sorry I laughed :' ) poor you :console:
    -.- god dam man, that was scary, my heart was beating...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i had a dream that i woke up in the middle of the night and went toilet but let out a series of farts along the way but was too tired to care. then in the morning i wasnt sure if it was a dream or not so i was so embarrassed cos i have guests at my house atm... it felt so real then i asked my mum if she heard anything cos she sleeps late
    😳😳

(Original post by thefatone)
    -.- god dam man, that was scary, my heart was beating...
    In the next dream I'll be there to save you :lovehug:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.