Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So the exams are coming up and I haven't started revising,
    I don't think I have ever revised for any mock exams apart from quick revision the night before.
    How do you guys revise? flashcards,mind maps etc and
    how do you plan what to revise first?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hkuhfjhguhijnin)
    So the exams are coming up and I haven't started revising,
    I don't think I have ever revised for any mock exams apart from quick revision the night before.
    How do you guys revise? flashcards,mind maps etc and
    how do you plan what to revise first?
    I used to make lists of all the topics I had to cover and then do flashcards on them.

ReputationRep:
    I have exactly the same problem but I am worried that if I start earlier,as in now, I am going to forget it by the exams as my short term memory is much better than my long term one.

ReputationRep:
    i go through the spec to make sure im not wasting time revising things i do not need to know! im starting to revise for science and maths first then heading on to other subjects!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    I have exactly the same problem but I am worried that if I start earlier,as in now, I am going to forget it by the exams as my short term memory is much better than my long term one.

Sameee, I tried memorizing computing definitions and in about a Week I forget them.I think I'm gonna try different ways of revising for a couple topics of science and then see which way helps me remember information the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hkuhfjhguhijnin)
    Sameee, I tried memorizing computing definitions and in about a Week I forget them.I think I'm gonna try different ways of revising for a couple topics of science and then see which way helps me remember information the most.
    Thats a good idea, I am thinking of making flashcards, which is something I have never done before as I have never had the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisahaha)
    i go through the spec to make sure im not wasting time revising things i do not need to know! im starting to revise for science and maths first then heading on to other subjects!
    I tried doing something similar,I turned the spec for science aqa into online flashcards they didn't help much, but I didn't think to leave out the stuff I know already that will probably save me a lot of time,thanks

ReputationRep:
    Same i dont exactly knwo how to revsie. At the moment i read from a textbook and anything i find important and key information i put on index cards. Then i try to learn what i write on my cards. Then after each topic make sure you do past papers so you understand they style the questions are asked. Make sure you look at the mark scheme and try and undertsand the style for answering.

Take regular breaks and dont overload your brain. Make sure you still have fun otherwise you wont be able to focus on revision. Dont procrastinate.

Remember its better starting now than tommorow. I only started a few days ago and i feel i shoud've started earlier.

Any tips to stay away from exam anxiety??

Anyone doing design and innovaion challenge? i have my exam in 2 weeks and i have no idea how to revise.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.