Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Dear Student Finance

    Hi, I want a change of careers, if I already have a Ba(Hons), am I eligible for Foundation Degree Loan?

    I read that a Foundation Degree is not an "Equivalent Degree" because of the EQL Regulation? Can I get financial help from the SLC or some other Gov. Body?

    "It is not unusual for individuals with undergraduate or postgraduate qualifications to undertake a Foundation degree. Indeed, around 20% of Foundation degree students already have higher education qualifications. Some of these individuals may be seeking to change careers or perhaps to gain very specific technical skills and knowledge in their existing field. Regulations concerning the funding of Equivalent or Lower Qualifications (ELQs) have caused some confusion about the funding available to students. These regulations will still apply in 2013/2014, but the government is reviewing them, particularly in relation to STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). At present, Foundation degrees are exempt from the ELQ regulations, but not necessarily the "top-up courses" that convert these to honours degrees. This means that Foundation degree students will still have to pay tuition fees, but may be eligible for loans to cover these, and for student support. Students who fall within the ELQ regulations are not eligible for any support and have to pay fees and maintenance costs upfront. It is essential that anyone who thinks they may be affected by this seeks up to date advice before applying for courses."


    I acctually need help?
    Me as Eu student do im able to get funded for doing the one year international fuondation program yes or no, because abvusly the course require people from overseas to pay for it? But in the same Time my qualifications do not Meet to do a undergraduated course before doing the One year course so please help heeeeeelp.???????????
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.