The Student Room Group

mum drama

well recently my mum found out about my boyfriend and since im muslim and his not she went mad.. i used to sleep over at his house and tell my mum im going camping but now shes lost all trust in me ... what do i do?
Original post by Anonymous
well recently my mum found out about my boyfriend and since im muslim and his not she went mad.. i used to sleep over at his house and tell my mum im going camping but now shes lost all trust in me ... what do i do?

This is really hard one and theres one lesson to takeaway (my parents are asian too so I know the struggle)

DONT LIE dont do it!!!

Yes lying about little things is ok but not about biggies like this and esp not yo parents, did you ever think about what would happen if they found out? even the best robbers are caught and best theives put in jail-not sayin you are one, Im just givin advice but got carried away a lil

theres no quick and easy solution now

its gonna have to be gradual , regain her trust if you want her blessings in your romances if yorue still quite young <18, but defo talk to her why you did it.

if its more the religious thing, you have to gauge whether its worth convinving them

be honest are they going to be swayed by what you say? if not, dont bother and just try to keep the peace untll you can move out

if you think theres a chance suck it up and apologise for lying and explain whats going on and how youll improve

best wishes
Reply 2
all me and my mum do is argue its been this way quite a while but she just makes more problems.. and she dont trust me with anythimg shes even taken my phone away as she thinks that seems to be the problem but it isnt. i cant help but feel so down and low all the time.
How old are you? At the end of the day while you're under your parents roof you need to obey them. The main issue is that you lied and slept over at his house, which has (understandably) caused them to lose all trust in you. If you don't like it, move out and get your own place where you can live by your own rules.
Original post by Anonymous

How old are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending