The Student Room Group

Maths

Is Investment banking all about getting good grades in maths because am a C grade and I dont think they take people with C grades?
Good grades would certainly help, but I believe there are alternative courses you can do if you are not very good at maths, it's worth emailing companies asking what grades they look for. If you get a C in maths they may ask for you to complete an additional maths test to determine your levels, all depends on the company.
Original post by Naomeyz_01
Is Investment banking all about getting good grades in maths because am a C grade and I dont think they take people with C grades?

no i would say, maths is a large part of it but not the most important

i would say economics and sujects like those are probably valued slightly higher than maths
Reply 3
[QUOTE="futurematters;64005597"]Good grades would certainly help, but I believe there are alternative courses you can do if you are not very good at maths, it's worth emailing companies asking what grades they look for. If you get a C in maths they may ask for you to complete an additional maths test to determine your levels, all depends on the company.[/QUOTE
Have you got any companies in mind that I could email because I really don't know any, it would be really really helpful and thanks for that information as well.
[QUOTE="Naomeyz_01;64005903"]
Original post by futurematters
Good grades would certainly help, but I believe there are alternative courses you can do if you are not very good at maths, it's worth emailing companies asking what grades they look for. If you get a C in maths they may ask for you to complete an additional maths test to determine your levels, all depends on the company.[/QUOTE
Have you got any companies in mind that I could email because I really don't know any, it would be really really helpful and thanks for that information as well.

Search around on the Internet a bit, there's loads of big companies who would offer advice,
Morgan Stanley
Goldman Sachs
The Blackstone Group
J.P.Morgan
Reply 5
Yes it involves numbers and calculations so maths is a strong subject but its not all, business or accounting would be relied upon as well
Reply 6
Original post by ikhan94
Yes it involves numbers and calculations so maths is a strong subject but its not all, business or accounting would be relied upon as well

alright thanks
Reply 7
[QUOTE="futurematters;64005989"]
Original post by Naomeyz_01

Search around on the Internet a bit, there's loads of big companies who would offer advice,
Morgan Stanley
Goldman Sachs
The Blackstone Group
J.P.Morgan

thank you so much for your help

Quick Reply

Latest