Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought I read that accommodation is officially allocated once an offer becomes unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bathstudent16)
    Thought I read that accommodation is officially allocated once an offer becomes unconditional.
    yes they are most likely to give you priority for accommodation if you have firmed that university.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're treated just like everyone else and are given a random number and an accommodation unless they specifically mentioned firmers get priority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    I think you're treated just like everyone else and are given a random number and an accommodation unless they specifically mentioned firmers get priority.
    It's not that i'm a firmer, but that I have an unconditional offer since I finished exams last year. So if I apply for accommodation it's 100% that i'll be there, as long as i'm still alive in oct-

ReputationRep:
    It's not that i'm a firmer, but that I have an unconditional offer since I finished exams last year. So if I apply for accommodation it's 100% that i'll be there, as long as i'm still alive in oct-
    You're gonna be alive! :lol: That made me chuckle.

I had the same but I still wasn't given priority but it might be different now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    You're gonna be alive! :lol: That made me chuckle.

I had the same but I still wasn't given priority but it might be different now.
    Oh well. Fingers crossed for Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    I'd imagine unconditional firms come before everyone else, I was a conditional firm and had no problems (neither did my friend at college who applied for the same accommodation) and as far as I can recall nobody I spoke to during first year who had firmed had not been given the accommodation they wanted.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.