Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The mark scheme says to include 'concepts' in the essay - but what does this mean?
    What are some examples?
    Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by G_98)
    The mark scheme says to include 'concepts' in the essay - but what does this mean?
    What are some examples?
    Thanks
    Concepts is just another way of saying 'ideas' and judgements you make about what the themes could be showing you in a bigger picture, as far as I can tell

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I feel so stuck. I dont Know how to study and dont feel motivated To study english as i feel like im incapable of acheiving a good grade (as)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_98)
    What are some examples?
    Thanks
    Im actually studying this for my as level exam next month! Im pretty confused by the whole story but i think it just means the different ideas that are presented in the story.
    I've ad to answer this question loads and i basically just said how Fitzgerald presents how day-to-day life was in the 1920's such as the cheating, success, and the differences by people such as Nick and Gatsby.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbeSk)
    Guys, I feel so stuck. I dont Know how to study and dont feel motivated To study english as i feel like im incapable of acheiving a good grade (as)
    I know its hard, and trust me everyone is struggling, but maybe try talking to your teacher, make your revision fun and make your goals for what you want to achieve from revision realistic - this is what i try to do anyway! Like, if I gain something from my revision session, i always feel more positive to do more of it!
    There are loads of website and books too that are really useful and helpful to use too.
    Don't worry, hard work will pay off, hope everything goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizagirdlestone)
    Im actually studying this for my as level exam next month! Im pretty confused by the whole story but i think it just means the different ideas that are presented in the story.
    I've ad to answer this question loads and i basically just said how Fitzgerald presents how day-to-day life was in the 1920's such as the cheating, success, and the differences by people such as Nick and Gatsby.

Hope this helps!
    Yes it does thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G_98)
    I know its hard, and trust me everyone is struggling, but maybe try talking to your teacher, make your revision fun and make your goals for what you want to achieve from revision realistic - this is what i try to do anyway! Like, if I gain something from my revision session, i always feel more positive to do more of it!
    There are loads of website and books too that are really useful and helpful to use too.
    Don't worry, hard work will pay off, hope everything goes well

Thank you xo

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.