Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What are you dreading the most about University? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I just thought I would make a post for people to 'rant' or 'vent' out their worries about university - both the subject AND the social side of things.

Is there anything in particular that you're worried about?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    Hello

I just thought I would make a post for people to 'rant' or 'vent' out their worries about university - both the subject AND the social side of things.

Is there anything in particular that you're worried about?
    I've left university now but i think my main worry was that i'd get lost (my sense of direction is awful).

ReputationRep:
    Not being able to cook for myself lol . Have a feeling I'm gonna be relying on fast food and gain soo much weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I've left university now but i think my main worry was that i'd get lost (my sense of direction is awful).
    Getting lost would be a nightmare :laugh: I'm sure your sense isn't that bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    Not being able to cook for myself lol . Have a feeling I'm gonna be relying on fast food and gain soo much weight.
    Ah bless As long as you can cook the basics, its okay. Just focus on pasta! :nyan: just make sure that you don't do what my brother did and put it straight in the sauce rather than boiling it first :laugh: :rofl:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Getting lost would be a nightmare :laugh: I'm sure your sense isn't that bad
    It really is awful ( i have a coordination disorder), luckily it only took about a month to figure out the campus and the shops so wasnt too bad.

Snobby people :afraid:

Also, time keeping

ReputationRep:
    Ah bless As long as you can cook the basics, its okay. Just focus on pasta! :nyan: just make sure that you don't do what my brother did and put it straight in the sauce rather than boiling it first :laugh: :rofl:
    I can literally cook the bear basics but after a while I'm gonna get sick of that. Also another foreseeable problem is budgeting.... might need to have like a part time job on the weekend to help me out with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It really is awful ( i have a coordination disorder), luckily it only took about a month to figure out the campus and the shops so wasnt too bad.
    Oh dear :-/ well, at least it didn't take too long to get used to it

ReputationRep:
    When I started, I was worried that there would be no one looking to buy any dirt. Didn't need to worry doe; half Qs were getting shot across blocks.

Some of them were asking about brown. Are they clowns? This ain't bloody London mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Snobby people :afraid:

Also, time keeping
    :rofl: That one I can identify with

ReputationRep:
    im mainly worried about being homesick but i guess everyone gets a little homesick right? just hope it doesn't do as much damage as it did my sister she was an emotional wreck after a month....

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about:

1. Getting lost
    2. Horrible flat mates
    3. Not making any friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZAYN.)
    I can literally cook the bear basics but after a while I'm gonna get sick of that. Also another foreseeable problem is budgeting.... might need to have like a part time job on the weekend to help me out with that.
    Oh yes my parents have told me that my first 'job' is to get a job - try making spreadsheets... my friend does that and she said it has helped her quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    Not making friends and relapsing with my mental health again!! And deciding it's not for me and coming home after about two weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    When I started, I was worried that there would be no one looking to buy any dirt. Didn't need to worry doe; half Qs were getting shot across blocks.

Some of them were asking about brown. Are they clowns? This ain't bloody London mate.
    Should I know what you mean by 'dirt'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jersey1993)
    im mainly worried about being homesick but i guess everyone gets a little homesick right? just hope it doesn't do as much damage as it did my sister she was an emotional wreck after a month....
    Oh yeah that is a negative factor :-/ Ah bless her

ReputationRep:
    Having bad flat mates and not liking my course.

ReputationRep:
    Dropping out.
    (I am a first year)

ReputationRep:
    Loneliness

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.