The Student Room Group

What do you think of Leeds?

Is it an awful place or do you think it's okay?
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Is it an awful place or do you think it's okay?

I've only been the once but i quite liked it there, my boyfriend lived there for a couple of years and liked it. The only thing for me is it's pretty big.
Original post by claireestelle
I've only been the once but i quite liked it there, my boyfriend lived there for a couple of years and liked it. The only thing for me is it's pretty big.

Hehe you always reply to my threads:biggrin: Yeah I don't like that it's big:frown: I worry that it's unsafe :/
After London, Leeds is the largest legal centre in the UK, and in 2011 its financial and insurance services industry was worth £2.1 billion, the 4th largest in the UK, with over 30 national and international banks located in the city.

It is the leading UK city for telephone delivered banking and related financial services, with over 30 call centres employing around 20,000 people.

The second phase of High Speed 2 plans to connect Leeds to London via East Midlands Hub and Sheffield Meadowhall.

Seems like Leeds should grow even more with that HS connection :biggrin:
Hehe you always reply to my threads:biggrin: Yeah I don't like that it's big:frown: I worry that it's unsafe :/

Top 10 crime spots, maybe avoid these and you'll be fine?

Asda, Owlcotes (502)
Morrisons, Hunslet (460)
Primark, The Headrow (440)
Tesco, Seacroft (344)
Asda, Killingbeck (341)
Space nightclub, city centre (327)
Leeds Festival site at Bramham (326)
St James’s Hospital (323)
Briggate shopping precinct (285)
Morrisons, Morley (111)
(edited 8 years ago)

Well my city is supposed to be reasonably safe in some areas and it's pretty small but i had my phone stolen in my first week here and someone tried to bomb a bin in one of our shopping centres so in my head small doesn't always mean safe. My boyfriend walked home in the pretty early hours of the morning in leeds many times and never had any trouble. I think if you're sensible and use common sense then you shouldnt worry too much about your safety.

Quick Reply

Latest