Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Is anyone here doing A2 level Italian? I'm self teaching it so I'm unsure on what book/film to base my research on. I was thinking on doing "La vita e` bella", would you say it's recommendable and relatively easy to analyse? Or is there an easier option?

Cheers for the help X

georgiaswift I think you can speak italian ? Maybe you could help ? :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    georgiaswift I think you can speak italian ? Maybe you could help ? :3
    I can help to some extent (I hope!). I didn't do Italian at a level so can't comment on the course spec, but la vita e bella is an incredible film, very powerful. If you haven't watched it then do so and see what you think. If it's a film you really enjoy then it makes it much easier to analyse, so go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I am also self teaching Italian, I'm already fluent in the language but there are no teachers in my sixth form qualified in Italian because Italian isn't a subject at my sixth form, however after doing a bit of research I've decided to do a region of Italy instead of a film or book because when you're asked to write an essay on a film or book it's all about opinion which in my opinion is harder to write about, where as researching a region is all fact x

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any predictions on possible essay titles e.g. the research based essays on a book/film or discrussive essay questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serratoreserena)
    does anyone have any predictions on possible essay titles e.g. the research based essays on a book/film or discrussive essay questions?
    think the research based question for book/film will be on style since its come up for other languages but not Italian, although you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becksreills)
    think the research based question for book/film will be on style since its come up for other languages but not Italian, although you never know.
    what do you mean by style? like how the book/film is written? me and the other girl in my class are trying to make plans on all possible questions/topics

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean by style? like how the book/film is written? me and the other girl in my class are trying to make plans on all possible questions/topics
    We were told to write about stylistic elements- like music (for a film), structure, irony, metaphors- basically techniques used which add to the message of the film/book I think. It's quite hard to write about since it's difficult to know what style is but that's what they seem to be looking for judging by past examiners reports for other languages

ReputationRep:
    We were told to write about stylistic elements- like music (for a film), structure, irony, metaphors- basically techniques used which add to the message of the film/book I think. It's quite hard to write about since it's difficult to know what style is but that's what they seem to be looking for judging by past examiners reports for other languages
    Ahh yeah I get what you mean by style now, we have work on that too! what book or film are you doing? I'm doing Io Non Ho Paura

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah I get what you mean by style now, we have work on that too! what book or film are you doing? I'm doing Io Non Ho Paura
    I'm doing la vita a Bella which is usually quite nice to write about as long as the question isn't absolutely awful so fingers crossed 😁

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing la vita a Bella which is usually quite nice to write about as long as the question isn't absolutely awful so fingers crossed 😁
    yeah hopefully it isn't, in bocca al lupo😁

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Io Non Ho Paura too and if it's a 'styles' question I'm royally ****ed I have no idea what to put about it

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing La Vita E' Bella too. Anyone got any last minute tips for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Im self teaching italian . I wanna do la vita e bella for tomorrow but i dont really know how to answer a question properly and get the marks. I've been told that I have to include a bibliography but can I do quotes instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabinaabby)
    Hey guys. Im self teaching italian . I wanna do la vita e bella for tomorrow but i dont really know how to answer a question properly and get the marks. I've been told that I have to include a bibliography but can I do quotes instead?
    The specification says you can show reading and research by either quotes or bibliography but I would say it's best to do both

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! How did you find the Unit 4 exam?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.