Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So like the title suggests, I'm considering uni's that offer conversion masters in CS as they normally contain a lot of software modules (that's my main interest). Can anyone recommend a uni for September 2016?

The uni's I've looked at so far:

Birmingham
    UCL
    Bristol
    Birmingham City
    Hertfordshire
    Liverpool

And possibly the MSc Software Engineering at Oxford, although it seems staggeringly over-priced (almost £20,000 for some very basic modules).

Can anyone recommend anymore to consider? Or does anyone have any experience with the above?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Imperial, Kent, Newcastle, Oxford Msc Computer Science is essentially a conversion course ...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks chum! Although how hard is the Oxford course to get in to?

ReputationRep:
    Lol... It's Oxford, it is bound to be very competitive. If you have a very good grades, a good CV, good experience they should consider your application.

Oxford isn't necessarily the most renowned for Comp Sci though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowhawk)
    So like the title suggests, I'm considering uni's that offer conversion masters in CS as they normally contain a lot of software modules (that's my main interest). Can anyone recommend a uni for September 2016?

The uni's I've looked at so far:

Birmingham
    UCL
    Bristol
    Birmingham City
    Hertfordshire
    Liverpool

And possibly the MSc Software Engineering at Oxford, although it seems staggeringly over-priced (almost £20,000 for some very basic modules).

Can anyone recommend anymore to consider? Or does anyone have any experience with the above?

Thanks!
    There are a few others to add to the list (as well as the Imperial, Kent, Newcastle and Oxford suggestions from the other poster):

- Bath
    - Nottingham (over the phone, they told me that their course is essentially an MSc conversion)
    - St Andrews do a related course (and it is a well respected institute for the subject too)
    - Glasgow also do a related course in Software Development (from the top of my head)

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I'm currently a final year student doing my dissertation on women in the computing industry and whether changing the curriculum from ICT to Computing would encourage more females into the industry and I would really appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete this questionnaire for me! Thank you in advance

I'll be happy to one in return )

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o56...ewform?c=0&w=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sham78612)
    Hi there I'm currently a final year student doing my dissertation on women in the computing industry and whether changing the curriculum from ICT to Computing would encourage more females into the industry and I would really appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete this questionnaire for me! Thank you in advance

I'll be happy to one in return )

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o56...ewform?c=0&w=1
    Ok done.

Thanks for all the contributions to the thread folks!

For what it's worth, I've found a few more uni's that offer MSc Computer Science conversion courses:

Queens Belfast*
    Ulster University*
    Birkbeck (UoL)

*Both are software development masters

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.