Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What did you think of the rouge one teaser trailer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

So i take it everyone seen the teaser right? if so what did you think of it?

I personally loved it and watched it several times, i only hope that Disney don't ruin it.

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit.. shifty... I mean there was a bit of cringe involved... but i'm gonna be optimistic.

I mean the effects/adventure aspects look awesome but dunno how i feel about Felicity's character...

but yeah lets hope it's not boring!

ReputationRep:
    thats the thing with teasers you just hope its not boring when it does come out.

maybe vader will be in it :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Probably the least hype inducing teaser I've encountered.

ReputationRep:
    meh I was expecting something a bit more like Halo ODST. This just looks like star wars without lightsabers

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't look that great. Seems weird to have all these new characters that are suddenly going to disappear and not even be mentioned in the other films. Also Star Wars has always been about the Skywalker family which makes this film seem like a big tangent to me.

ReputationRep:
    why are they making this movie and not episode 8 though? or better - why not just put 100% of their funds into episode 8? what even is this new movie? I don't get it - someone explain? it's like, mon mothma's daughter being a pilot or something? who cares about that?

ReputationRep:
    It actually looks quite good. Better than the steaming pile turds that is The Force Awakens.

Donnie Yen :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigBabyJesus)
    why are they making this movie and not episode 8 though? or better - why not just put 100% of their funds into episode 8? what even is this new movie? I don't get it - someone explain? it's like, mon mothma's daughter being a pilot or something? who cares about that?
    episode 8 is still being made but i think Disney just want to milk the series.... i would love to have an obi-wan or Darth Maul film though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It actually looks quite good. Better than the steaming pile turds that is The Force Awakens.
    Ep 7 was just a rehash of a new hope lets just hope 8 isnt a rehash or empire strikes back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jersey1993)
    episode 8 is still being made but i think Disney just want to milk the series.... i would love to have an obi-wan or Darth Maul film though
    same, especially darth maul
    and not many people know this, but count dooku and mace windu were both trained by yoda- having films where they touch upon things like that would be awesome. having a film talking about what happened to qui gon jinn before he was involved in episode I would also be interesting. I know people don't like the prequels, but the sequels were already accounted for via the prequels, so it's kind of necessary for these other ones. I'd also like to know who trained senator palpatine

ReputationRep:
    Ep 7 was just a rehash or a new hope lets just hope 8 isnt a rehash or empire strikes back
    That is why I hated Ep 7, it was like a 2 hour deja vu.

I don't think it will be, I think it will be pre Empire Strikes Back backstory essentially, filler if you will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigBabyJesus)
    same, especially darth maul
    and not many people know this, but count dooku and mace windu were both trained by yoda- having films where they touch upon things like that would be awesome. having a film talking about what happened to qui gon jinn before he was involved in episode I would also be interesting. I know people don't like the prequels, but the sequels were already accounted for via the prequels, so it's kind of necessary for these other ones. I'd also like to know who trained senator palpatine
    i knew it then again i love the extended universe (legends) the prequels were ok in my opinon i just think the story could have been told better less romance in anakin's story would have helped.

(Original post by DiddyDec)
    That is why I hated Ep 7, it was like a 2 hour deja vu.

I don't think it will be, I think it will be pre Empire Strikes Back backstory essentially, filler if you will.
    true very true i dont like filler films :l

ReputationRep:
    They definitely played it too safe with Ep 7

ReputationRep:
    true very true i dont like filler films :l
    I do, it gives more depth to overall story.

ReputationRep:
    i knew it then again i love the extended universe (legends) the prequels were ok in my opinon i just think the story could have been told better less romance in anakin's story would have helped.
    in my opinion, star wars episodes 1 and 2 were just fundamentally flawed movies in terms of their direction and how they chose to present it - it could have been done so much better, even though some sections of the movie were quite good. a lot of things are just nonsensical and some characters like jar jar are just very unwanted. I assume, too, that you've seen redlettermedia's review of the prequels? they're quite big on youtube and they hilariously explain this point more than I ever could. also, there's actually an edited version of episode 1 on youtube where they edited out loads of the cheesy parts of the movie - if there's ever anybody who's never seen episode 1, I'd want to show them that version over the original. for example, they change jar jar's voice/dialogue

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.